Model Cars Magazine Forum

Vintage Cobra race team

Dave B

I built this around 25 years ago & it is still one of my favourite builds. I have just given it a 'sympathetic' restoration by polishing the ute and fitting Daytona Coupe wheels that I cast from my Gunze Sanyo kit. Also fitted home cast Goodyear Blue Streak tyres & flip type gas cap. Scratch built the car trailer also

Hope you enjoy

IMG_0160.jpg

IMG_0159.jpg

IMG_0154.jpg

IMG_0153-1.jpg

IMG_0150.jpg

IMG_0149.jpg

Tks for looking.

Dave B

Edited by Bantoft

Nicely done!

Always great top see a fine model shown the proper respect!

A little Cobra trivia...

Years ago I interviewed Dean Jeffries for TV, he painted the first Cobra, CSX2000, four different colors in four months for Carroll Shelby. Shel had only one car, wanted people to think he had more. Shel and his crew picked it up the first time (pearl yellow) at DJ's shop as they left L.A. to drive to Detroit for the first money meeting with Ford, towing the Cobra on a single-axle trailer behind a Falcon Wagon.

Think about that... 2000+ miles towing an equal weight to the tow car... bias ply tires, crowned roads, drum brakes, one axle, towing a now-priceless car... Guys had stones...