Model Cars Magazine Forum

DamDesign Redneck Joe's daily ride

Bastardo

Here's another older build from me. Lindberg Dodge L 700 Tilt cab. One of the worst kit's I've worked with... But since it was my first-ever mdoel truck, I decided to keep my cool and go for it :lol: The result looks like this:

P6270373_resize.jpg

P6270374_resize.jpg

P6270376_resize.jpg

P6270377_resize.jpg

P6270380_resize.jpg

P6270381_resize.jpg

P6270386_resize.jpg

P6270392_resize.jpg

P6270405_resize.jpg

P6270410_resize.jpg

More pics will folow in my next post :huh:

Thanx, guys! ;)

David G.: I agree 100% and I should've done it before... B) Tut there's a rule of mine that says: Once the model is finished I will not do anything to it - just to keep it as a reminder of my skills "back then" in the 20 year's time ;)

Yup, I respect that. "When it's done, it's done."

It's been said that all art is knowing when to stop.

David G.

That is one Well used up Dodge truck.

It Looks perty bad in the best of ways..

you've done some very good Weathering and assembling on it.

The only thing that gets me is the duct tape on the front window, I can only assume that it should

be a 2 piece windshield and not a one piece

But over all, Great work..

Thanx for the comments, guys :D

bbowser: I decided this would be a rustbucket way before I sarted working on it. And I'm glad I did, because the fitment of this model is horible... I believe I'll never see a model as badly designed and molded as this one was... ;)

krazyglu: Sticking with it was always "my thing" - not a single model ever made me go:"I can't do this..." ;) That's the beauty of modelling, especially scratchbuilding ;)

Thanx, fellas ;)

Count Chuckula: Hyeah, the kit sucks big time ;)

John: I weather every model with different techniques, so the results vary a lot from one to another ;) I'ts fun to try something new each and every time. This way things don't get monotone and you can mix-up different techniques from different models from the past and get a totally new look :D

Awesome truck. It's not so bad kit, there are lots of parts, which means that there have not to be any big scratchbuilding, that's great. But I think that parts don't fit so well, but that's not a big problem... Your truck looks very good, weathering is super, greasy truck is always nice to see. Great work with it. :rolleyes: