Model Cars Magazine Forum

Joe's Garage

gasser59

I don't think I'll put in the album cover, I want it to be more subtle than that. Only diehard fans will get it.

Here's picture of the Strat so far and I'm going to start on the 'cheezy' Fender Champ amp soon.

Strat2.jpg

Edited by gasser59
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, gasser59 said:

I don't think I'll put in the album cover, I want it to be more subtle than that. Only diehard fans will get it.

Here's picture of the Strat so far and I'm going to start on the 'cheezy' Fender Champ amp soon.

Strat2.jpg

You are right! The subtle way is better. I would have got it immediately even with just the guitar.

A bit more work on the Stratocaster and I thought I was done but I still need to scribble the Fender logo on the top of the neck piece. I just had to set it in place in the dio to see how it looks. Its sitting next to the amp I'm still working on.

Strat5 2.jpg

Strat6 2.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gasser59 said:

A bit more work on the Stratocaster and I thought I was done but I still need to scribble the Fender logo on the top of the neck piece. I just had to set it in place in the dio to see how it looks. Its sitting next to the amp I'm still working on.

Strat5 2.jpg

Frank approves!

frank-zappa-wink.gif

• Like 1

I finished up the brass engine stand and added a Curbside Dioramics / R&D Unique white metal SBC engine block after polishing the areas where the heads attach. I also drilled out the holes for the push rods and water jacket channels. These engines haven't been available for over 25 years so I'm glad I picked one up back then. This got glued in last night to replace the plastic stand and block that was in the exact spot previously. Here's a few pics.

The fun continues...

IMG_1186.jpg

IMG_1187.jpg

• Like 3

Your detailing is appreciated. One question on your welding outfit. The tanks upstairs are uncapped and the ones on the welding rig are capped, how do you turn them on? Also aren't oxygen tanks green and acetylene red. Always like a good diorama that tells a visual story.

greg

Hi Brad, I had the pleasure of seeing your awesome diorama in person at this year's Desert Scale Classic on Saturday. 

It's even more spectacular in person! All the fabulous little details are amazing and extremely well done. It's all woven into a wonderful little composition that tells a story no matter where one looks.

I know that moving that whole thing safely must have been an undertaking of its own. Thanks for taking the time to bring it out to share it with the reat of us.

David G.

How did we miss each other again David? Thanks for your comments. It's really not a problem moving it because everything, and I mean everything, is glued in place. I can even tip it on its side to access the wiring underneath for the working lights and nothing moves. I'm trying to figure out how to power the lights with a battery or batteries so it doesn't need to be plugged in to the wall. Need to get this figured out by GSL.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...