Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/16 Scale Army Vega Funny Car - Finished 10/14/2018

Mooneyzs

Brad... these goodies... Provided a lot of motivation... lol Last night I finally figured out how I was going to do the rest of my mounting of the puke tank on this.

Thanks Scott.... I sure can't wait til you have those 1/16th scale parts. I know you have a lot on your plate at the moment but I will be first in line to buy them when you get them done ;)

Edited by Mooneyzs

Have I missed something again??? What 1/16th scale parts ???? :blink:

LoL.... I guess we all missed the boat on that one!

Chris, don't you just love when you open the mail box and you have a package just waiting for you? Popping the tape and cracking open the box to see what is inside is the best part!

Awesome parts as always Jim, does a bang up job!

Derrick... Thanks buddy, You will be extremely happy with the Dirt Modeler products they are very nice and glad i ordered 2 sets of each 1/16th scale set ;) .

Vince.... Thanks man. Yea I would say its pretty sturdy. I will get a full mock up pick for you soon. Promise. I am thinking next week I may actually have some primer on this chassis finally.

So I was able to sit down and work a little tonight and got a good deal of the puke tank mounts done. still little more work to go but here are some pics to hold you all over ;)

A couple of days ago I got the top mount made and glued in for the puke tank:

2v2uJyfWWxAhe9C.jpg

Here is the start of the bottom mounts, I decided to go with what I thought would look best with what I had to go by:

2v2uJyAe5xAhe9C.jpg

Now I have both sides in, I still need to shape the tabs by rounding the corners and then drilling the hole for the bolt:

2v2uJyAcdxAhe9C.jpg

Top view of the tabs:

2v2uJyAtnxAhe9C.jpg

Here is another teaser pic of some Rims I had Jim aka Micro Nitro turn for me for my Pro Mod build. I had a picture of a rim that I really liked and asked Jim if he would be able to do something similar and here is what he came up with.... they are sure beautiful :wub::

Picture139-1.jpg

Edited by Mooneyzs

The chassis/tabs are coming out good Chris & you are right, those wheels are beautiful. I checked out Micro Nitro site, had a nice set of wheels that I like for the front of my Nova, problem is, they don't come in 1/25 (can't afford the wheels right now anyway) think I'll just have to scratch-build a set.

Great update Chris. You might as well have a garage sale on all of your 1/24th and 1/25th scale stuff as I never see you going back to a smaller scale ever again. LOL

Yup, those are some nice looking rims. Jim's work is exquisite.

Thanks guys for all of the kind and encouraging words. No updates as of yet. I had family in town all last week and the past few days I have had to dig up my palm tree and put some new plants in my front yard. I should be back at this build tomorrow after work and continue on my progress with this so I can get some primer on this bad boy before the desert scale classic and I am trying to think if I can push myself and get my FED done before then too.

Hello All.... sat down for a few tonight so far and thought I would share a little progress. It's not much at this point but finished up the puke tank brackets.

Started out tonight on getting the holes drilled in the bottom mounting tabs:

2v2uJyAirxAhe9C.jpg

Then I had to set the tank on and stick the bolts in on the bottom:

2v2uJyAqhxAhe9C.jpg

And here is a top view of the bolt slid in on the to bracket:

2v2uJyA8VxAhe9C.jpg

Now time to start cleaning up the chassis so I can get some primer on this thing. The only thing I can think of that this needs is a mounting boss for the parachute handle and I am trying to think of anything else....lol feels like I am forgetting something but I am so ready to move past this chassis :lol:. Thanks for following along and looking. Then again I figure if I forgot something I could always go back after primer is on and add it.

Edited by Mooneyzs