Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/16 Scale Army Vega Funny Car - Finished 10/14/2018

Mooneyzs

Hey Fellas.... Thank you all for your honest opinions. I sure missed the boat on this one and not sure how I ended up drawing that pulley bigger than it should of been. There is still work needed on some of these engine parts and just wanted some color on them. But this is where the fun is Tinkering on the engine.

Jim... I will work on getting that drawing updated and over to you soon. Hopefully I will get the chance to work on it tonight when I get home. I need to go back and measure the kit pulley and see where I went wrong. I wanna get the part right so you can start making these for everyone else that wants them ;) . Thanks again Jim for all of your hard work and being patient with me on these. Your hard work is very much appreciated.

Boy, that's looking great, Chris. As with the others, the blower pulley looks a bit too big. It looks like it might be a 1:1 ratio with the crank pulley (just eyeballing). What kind of drive ratios did they use on fuel engines at that time? I know I've read in years past but I don't recall now... :-(

Scott... thanks buddy. the blower pulley is a little smaller than the crank pulley. It can fit in the pocket of the crank pulley. You know I have no clue what the drive ratios were on those engines back then. I must of measured or wrote my number down wrong when I drew them up. It will be an easy fix though.

Hey Chris, sure hope the mis-measurement wasn't caused by your drawing program.... :unsure:

Just kidding of course bud. :lol: ;)

Man, this is looking FANtastic, despite the misgivings regarding the blower pulley Chris. B)Pleased you will be able to rectify it without too much drama mate. Good luck man. :)

Already waiting with anticipation for what lies ahead for us.... :) :wub:

Richard... thanks man. I am happy with how its looking and where its going.

Greg.... Thanks Mate!! oh trust me it wasn't the drawing program that did the mis-measurement.... it was the "dumb dumb" behind the keyboard.....aka Me :lol: :lol: . Just wish I would of paid more attention to that detail...lol

I didn't get to get any bench time in on this last night and Hoping to be able to today when I get home from work. I am already ready for 4:00 to get here :D

Ok, let me see now......

Post by Chris, April 20.......check. :)

Now, April 23 (Aussie time ^_^ ).......still no update............................... :rolleyes:

Chris, you there man..? Hope all is still going well here bud. Guess you're busy with work, huh.. :(

Hey Greg.... I am here. I will post a few pics later when I get home from work. I did a little work on this Friday. Had it on display at the Desert Scale Classic here in Arizona on Saturday. and yesterday i was a lazy bum and didn't do any work on it. :( maybe tonight I will get to do some more to it. But I have some house chores that I need to do when I get home. I do have some pics I took Friday I will show. Cheers

Hello All... some pics to update you with.... Mocked up in primer....

Here is where I started some work last Friday, I transfer drilled the blower bolts to the manifold, I still have some clean up work on filling some of the small pin holes and getting those little details squared away:

2v2uJyRfYxAhe9C.jpg

Added bolts to the back of the manifold:

2v2uJyRk7xAhe9C.jpg

Here I cleaned up the headers by stripping the primer off, mocking up the engine:

2v2uJyRiRxAhe9C.jpg

Backside of the engine:

2v2uJyR4PxAhe9C.jpg

Close up shot of the TDR Lenco Transmission primered and bolted together. the bolts are only sticking out of the rear of the tranny because I need to drill the holes deeper:

2v2uJyRS6xAhe9C.jpg

Edited by Mooneyzs

Art... Thanks buddy, I am trying to get every detail in the build that I can.

John... Thanks bud!! After seeing every one's beautiful builds I can't wait to get more of this done.... especially some paint on the engine and chassis.

Bob.... Thank you. I am very pleased with how it's turning out so far.

Edited by Mooneyzs

Ah Chris, I knew you wouldn't be far away mate. :)

Man, this thing is looking SUPER WICKED !

And this..................

DP-Army-Vega1749-1.jpg

Is down right the nastiest shot I've seen.....................KILLA ! B) B) B) B)

Chris, this is going to be the benchmark for any build for some time my friend, GREAT work. :)

I have to agree with everyone here Chris, this is killer and as Rom says it is so much better in person. Now I have to say this and was waiting on seeing it in person but I think the front engine mounts could be made from slightly thicker material. They just appear to me to be too flimsy with the size and HP of that nasty hemi. MTCW