Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/16 Scale Army Vega Funny Car - Finished 10/14/2018

Mooneyzs

Chris, both pedals look great, nice work! :) You know you might be able to get into the Guinness book of records with that 13 pc. one :lol:. Thanks again for your order and displaying the parts here :).

Charlie

Pro Tech

protechmodelparts.com

Charlie... Thanks man. You are right I may be able to get into the Guinness book of world records for the pedals for for redoing the chassis as many times as I did... :lol: . You are welcome for the order. I was surprised at how fast the parts got here. Thanks again.

Brad.... Thanks buddy. Yep I had to pick up a couple of the 4 barrels from Charlie to have in my collection. But I do have a little secret up my sleeve for another build. I have been toying with the idea of doing a Super Gas Roadster as a build in the future.

Rom.... Thanks man. Yes it is nice when the Mailman brings good stuff like this. You know I am going to have to step up my build on my pro mod. everyone here has set the bar high for the pro mod cars. So I am going to have to bring my "A" game when I start that build. Let me also mention that in my cue of builds including this funny car and the purple1/16th FED thats been in the works for quite some time that I just need to finish it up so i am done with it. It's not as detailed as this funny car but then again it was started 15 years ago....haha, I have 7 that I would like to do so far... hahaha I know I am nuts but a couple of them are going to be really cool and I can't wait to get to a couple of them. I haven't figured out if I wanted to do the pro mod frame out of plastic or brass yet.

Edited by Mooneyzs

Mike... you are right about not pushing it. If it is ready and I am happy then I will get some primer on it but if not I won't shoot it til its ready. I have small details to clean up and a few more tabs and a couple of misc. things to do to it.

Richard... thanks man. I will be going with the one on the left. I am going to be working on the toe clip here in a few. so I will have pics soon. Charlie has some great stuff for sure and a great guy to work with.

Ok so a quick afternoon teaser for you, Although I am not done working on it today. I have finally finished up the gas pedal other than I may touch it up just a little bit but so far I am happy with it. I added the toe strap on it and here are a few pics to show you.... Thanks for looking

Here is the gas pedal with the toe strap I made for it:

2v2uJycdGxAhe9C.jpg

Here it is from another angle:

2v2uJyw3qxAhe9C.jpg

And here is two views of it mocked up in the chassis:

2v2uJywbCxAhe9C.jpg

2v2uJywYgxAhe9C.jpg

Be back later with more progress......

Edited by Mooneyzs

Outrageous! What are you using for a driver on the tiny Scale Hardware bolts? I figured needle nose or tweezers, but they mark the surface. The L.E.D. page is scary.....Puts the old grain-of-wheats bulbs to bed forever!. The Good thing about the low heat LED's, is keeping the colors bright and true. Flouresent's can just kill certain colors.

I'm currently building a 1/16 Revell F/C. I used the pedal that was given with the kit. Don't I feel lame? :unsure: The thing I love about this build is that everything you've done looks so do-able. It's just a question of whether one has the patience and dedication to get it done.

John...Thanks Man... glad you are liking the pedal.

Nikko.... Thanks bud. I have a sneak peak at whats up next for ya... ;)

Bill... Thank you!! You are right one more step closer. Now I just need a lathe like you... :D

Jeff... Thanks for checking in man and seeing the progress... thanks for kind words, it means alot.

Jack... thanks man. Some of the bolts which i have threaded I am using Scale hardware's tools and some I am actually using pliers or tweezers depending on what it it. Not all of the bolts are threaded some are simulated and are just placed into the hole. I meant to take a few pics of them for you. I will on my next update for you. Yeah that LED page has a ton of stuff on there for sure. Thought maybe it could help ya with what you are trying to accomplish with you Mini diorama and case. I know it will look great! but know what you mean about how Flouresent's can alter some colors.

Richard.... thanks man. You are right that I need some primer on this bad boy. I am really close to having some on it. after I finish up a few things from today I think something this coming week I should be able to get primer on it. Which will be a big step I have been waiting for, for quite some time. :D

Michael... Thanks for the compliments on the build. Anything is possible to do, just some of it takes quite a bit of patience is all. Oh man don't feel lame about using the pedal. I was going to use the pedal but I had changed how i was going to mount it and decided to go with something different since I had no reference pics of the real cars pedal that it had installed. Wish I was able to see what is actually in the real car.

Edited by Mooneyzs

Ok now time for an update for you guys. This afternoon I have been working on the Puke tank for this build. The mounting tabs is about one of the last things I need to do to the chassis as well as clean a few areas up on the chassis and It should be ready for some primer.

Here is the start of my Puke Tank. I started out with some evergreen tubing and some flat stock to create the tank:

2v2uJywCFxAhe9C.jpg

Then the next step was to drill the tube and add the ports to the tank using more tubing:

2v2uJywFTxAhe9C.jpg

After that I needed to add a breather to the tank and I am using one of the Resin ones I have from one of my Mark Johnson 426 Elephant Hemi engines. Drilled mounting holes and mounted them with Scale Hardware 0.5mm bolts:

2v2uJyf2VxAhe9C.jpg

Next I needed to add a filler port....well actually more like a drain port to the tank. I added another piece of evergreen tubing and for the cap is a machined aluminum cap I found at a swap meet:

2v2uJyfaVxAhe9C.jpg

After all of that I had to set it in place and mock it up on the car. And I am actually working on the mounting portions of this to the frame. Still figuring out how I want to do it:

2v2uJyf7nxAhe9C.jpg

I am debating if the mounting tabs should be on the bottom or the upper side of the tank. I have seen a few different ones online and trying to figure which is best to do. I am sure there isn't a wrong way. but have any of you seen how some of them were mounted on the cars from the 70's. I have been having a hard time finding some good reference pics.

Edited by Mooneyzs