Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/16 Scale Army Vega Funny Car - Finished 10/14/2018

Mooneyzs

OK, so now is this chassis done so you can move onto something else? LOL

This is really a stunning build Chris and I, for one, am glad to see you making all of these details. Looking forward to seeing ot in person next month.

X2!

;) = That's secret code, Jim.

Hey everyone ...

FYI (Chris and Brad know it, but just to make certain everyone else coming to DSC8 knows it, too ...), there will be table space for 'display only' or 'in-process' or 'project' or unfinished builds, so don't hesitate to show off that which is not yet finished!!

B)

Brad... you are correct that with the chassis almost done I can move onto something else....lol, although I do need to glue the mount plates for the gas pedal as well as a couple of mount tabs behind the roll cage for the Puke Tank and then I need to scuff the chassis up add a little bondo in a few spots and then it should be ready for primer. I can't tell you how long I have been waiting to get some primer on this bad boy. Then it will be time to get back to the engine and start getting some primer and paint on it as well. I can't wait to get some Alclad on it.

Mike... Thanks buddy, Hey also to let you know I haven't forgotten about getting you the information we have talked about as well as pics of this build for your site.

Danno... Thanks man. That's great to hear about a table for "in-process" builds. By the way what time does the swap meet start on Saturday the 17th (this weekend) and will you be there?

Brad... you are correct that with the chassis almost done I can move onto something else....lol, although I do need to glue the mount plates for the gas pedal as well as a couple of mount tabs behind the roll cage for the Puke Tank and then I need to scuff the chassis up add a little bondo in a few spots and then it should be ready for primer. I can't tell you how long I have been waiting to get some primer on this bad boy. Then it will be time to get back to the engine and start getting some primer and paint on it as well. I can't wait to get some Alclad on it.

Mike... Thanks buddy, Hey also to let you know I haven't forgotten about getting you the information we have talked about as well as pics of this build for your site.

Danno... Thanks man. That's great to hear about a table for "in-process" builds. By the way what time does the swap meet start on Saturday the 17th (this weekend) and will you be there?

Doors open at 8:30 am. Yeppers, I'll be there! Look forward to seeing you.

B)

AWESOME!! Here's a couple of hotels that are rated 4 1/2 stars that are at Interstate 17 and W. Greenway about a mile or so from the Postal Workers Hall where the DSC is being held.

I am really looking forward to hooking up with you Rom. Your brother-in-law too. You should plan on going home on Sunday though as there is usually a BBQ after the event.

LaQuinta.jpg

Embassy.jpg

BTW - great progress Chris. I don't suppose this will be done for DSC, will it?

Both very good accomodations!

***Bonus Trivia - Years ago, the legendary COPPERSTATE CHAMPIONSHIP (Model Car Contest extraordinaire) was held at that Embassy Suites for a few years.

And, Yes! There is a bbq afterwards ... get details at the DSC8. Don't miss it!

B)

Did I miss something I was under the impression that the desert classic show was on the 21st of April whats this about the 17th???? :blink:

Tomorrow (March 17) there's a plastic model swap meet (cars, trucks, planes, tanks, boats, motorcycles, figures) in Phoenix at the same location that Desert Scale Classic will be ... the Postal Workers Social Hall.

But you are correct, DSC8 (the 8th Annual Desert Scale Classic) is on April 21, a mere month + away!

B)

Chris, this is looking waaaaay excellent mate. B) The chassis is a rolling art piece, or it will be. :D

Kinda makes me wish I could jet over to some of these Show's you guys get too....Would love to see this build in the flesh. :(

Keep the great work going man, your #1 Aussie fan must see more. ;)

Tomorrow (March 17) there's a plastic model swap meet (cars, trucks, planes, tanks, boats, motorcycles, figures) in Phoenix at the same location that Desert Scale Classic will be ... the Postal Workers Social Hall.

But you are correct, DSC8 (the 8th Annual Desert Scale Classic) is on April 21, a mere month + away!

B)

DONT SCARE ME LIKE THAT!!! ......Oh im sorry my nerves arent what they used to be. :wacko:

Again today, I got to see this rare beauty and hold it in my hands. Chris really has done a freegin' fabulous job on this and I can say that the pictures just don't protray the level of detail and craftsmanship that he has put into this incredible build.

DS8 may be the only place he has it on display so I encourage anyone who is able to make it to do so.

Edited by gasser59

Hey Brad .... It was great seeing you yesterday and being able to hang out for a few and shoot the breeze. Thanks for the kind words and glad you enjoyed seeing it in person. The next time you see it in person I should have a lot more progress on it. This will be at the Desert Scale Classis on the Under-construction/ Display only table. Brad so I was thinking... would you want me to mail you the tire stencil?? If you do just let me know and I will.

It was great to see you as well as Danno at the swap meet. I also picked up a few more goodies for this build ;)

Address for the show: Postal Workers Social Hall, 3720 W. Greenway Road, Phoenix, AZ 85053.

Glad you're coming over ... looking forward to seeing your work in person ... and oh, yeah, meeting you!

Plan to stay for the cattle scorching (barbeque) afterward. It's like a big, 5-state model club meeting and bench-racing session! Burgers & Bullshirts.

B)

Y E A ! Romell got a kitchen pass and he's coming. Looking forward to meeting you...and seeing your incredible builds.

Now I need to know what you're bringing for the tables so I can find a different category so I at least have a slight chance.

Address for the show: Postal Workers Social Hall, 3720 W. Greenway Road, Phoenix, AZ 85053.

Glad you're coming over ... looking forward to seeing your work in person ... and oh, yeah, meeting you!

Plan to stay for the cattle scorching (barbeque) afterward. It's like a big, 5-state model club meeting and bench-racing session! Burgers & Bullshirts.

B)

Thanks for the addy Danno ol boy! And we just may be able to stay for some burgers YUM! :lol:

Y E A ! Romell got a kitchen pass and he's coming. Looking forward to meeting you...and seeing your incredible builds.

Now I need to know what you're bringing for the tables so I can find a different category so I at least have a slight chance.

Im supposed to bring something? :blink: HAHA! just kidding... lets see i'll be in the drag cars, hotrod and maybe trucks if I can repair my Ford F450, we'll see. Cya there on the 21st. B)

So I sat down at the bench tonight for a few hours and for what I thought was going to be something simple and quick to do ended up taking me a lot longer than I thought. I worked on the gas pedal and how I was going to mount it. I wasn't able to get as much of it done but It's a start and just a little more to do to it. I know it's not a big update to show you but its another small step closer to having the chassis done

Here is the start of the gas pedal and mount. I need to fab up the rest of mounting tabs that will glue to the chassis and then this pedal will bolt to the mounting tabs. Also this pedal isn't done yet. I will be making some sort of pattern that will be cut out of the flat stock as well as adding small rod for the toe clip:

2v2uJyKfVxAhe9C.jpg

Edited by Mooneyzs