Model Cars Magazine Forum

69 Daytona Pro Mod 1/16th scale updated 4/3/12 ..It's a wrap!

Following this fascinating build thread was like reading a good book. Almost a shame that its come to a close but I'm sure there'll be other Romell 'books.' Looking foward to studying every detail in person later this month. What's left to do to the edges of the base and where did you get the 1/16th scale rolling toolbox?

Last night I could see the pics but today its the same as for Chris "too many views."

She came out beautiful Rom!, the detail on the chassis/engine is excellent,the paint is just awesome, the jacket/helmet just set eveything else off. Glad I was able to go for the "ride" as you put her together. Time off is well deserved. BUT, don't take too long off, can't have all us fans be "Rom-deprived" LOL!

Following this fascinating build thread was like reading a good book. Almost a shame that its come to a close but I'm sure there'll be other Romell 'books.' Looking foward to studying every detail in person later this month. What's left to do to the edges of the base and where did you get the 1/16th scale rolling toolbox?

Last night I could see the pics but today its the same as for Chris "too many views."

Hey Brad I still have to do the wood veneer around the edges of the base, and the tool box came from the vintage "Aurora Racing Scenes Racing Mechanic with Tools & Equipment " Pack. Looking forward to seein ya in a couple weeks.

Rom, I don't think I skipped any weeks checking on your progress with this beast. I enjoyed it all and the build is just great in every aspect; from top to bottom, from side to side and front to back....I think that covers all known dimensions.

I have certainly learned a trick or two along the way and I hope to use someday. I know you must be so proud of this artwork, I'm proud for you! Awesome, awesome work pal....can't wait to see your next project!

I dont know whats wrong with this thread John. but you can check em out in the "Under Glass" section

Now here's the funny thing, I have no problem seeing the pictures here, but on the "Under Glass" section, I get the too many views. As I said before Rom, GREAT BUILD

After finishing this build, I just wonder, what are you going to build next? Great detail work, and overall it's really nice build, everything just seems to be correctly on their place and that display is great. Paintjob is smooth and shiny too, and I like the wheels and tires. Well-I like everything about it, great job as always, Romell!

Rom this thing turned out beautiful. you out did yourself on this thing. I know its going to.be even better in person and am looking forward to meeting you in a few weeks. It has been a pleasure watching this build come to life. i will have to.check out the pick in under glass section. I really love the display set up you have there.

Nikko... I asked the same quesrion and he is going to be doing a 1/16 scale pro mod camaro next. going to.be.another fun one to watch.

Hello Rom,

Allthough I'm sad to see this magnificent project ended, I can only say very well done. Incredible craftsmanship.

This surely is a prize winner (has to be or those judges must be seeing blind).

I'm counting down to your new build. Can hardly wait to see this puppy started.

Mark

Brad... here is the Kit the tool box came from. I happened to find this one at the swap meet of the NNL West earlier this year and got a good deal on it.

DP-Army-Vega1561-1.jpg