Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Citation

ufe 64

Agreed, clearly one of the ugliest cars Chevy ever made, and who's idea was it to mount a radio sideways ( the c-2 vettes get a pass)? However, I learned to drive on a V-6 version of one of these things and they were FAST. They would smoke a V-6 Camaro and that is part of the reason they got dropped by GM. Or so I was told...

VERY realistic looking model. I would be proud to display it!

Did you buy it built, or did you build it? Either way, it looks good! I had a Citation once....one of my buddies kept refering to it as a Chevrolet "Situation". :)

I buy this already bulit from UK so i cant take and credit for this one

Well, that is a Great deal on a Great looking build.

It all looks Great.

The Citation gained a well eanner bad reputation . Gm could not get it right . All through the ''80's -'90's - '00's they had many problems . I would like to state , "Grommed customersd for the Japaneese" . Now , Toyoto is on top , look at their shortcomings . It isn't being on top . It is how you maintain this . Ever since GM claimed ; "We could mismanage and 20 years will pass until we would suffer any consequences . " They did and it happened . Gm didn't drop the X BNody for being able to outrun a Camaro with the same Engine . It was dropped due to lack of Sales .

This model does the Citation an Excellent Rendition of the 1:1 . "Where's the keys ?" BTW ..Read what insiders say about the decline of GM . Bean Counters have a whole lot for these disasters . A small list : Corvair , Buick's V/6's , Vegas : H bodies (I owned all three of these loosers) . The X Bodies , Chevette , Still sorting out the V/6 ; odd fire & even fire and soooo on . Fiero , Buick Reatta , Cadillac Seville ; based on the Nova platform - side trackers all . Allanti , and so on . I am just tired of typing . Thanx ..

Nice job on the Citation. I wasn't aware there was a kit of it.

The Citations were "groundbreaking" when first introduced.

I drove many of the X body cars from Chevy and Buick.

They were fairly comfortable and had good acceleration.

The Buick model had a sporty version that was extra nice.

Oh,and the first one I drove swallowed a valve.

They were a great source of income for GM especially from the rental companies.