Model Cars Magazine Forum

My daily driver is a 99 chevy regular cab 1/2 ton 2wd pick up. I don't have any pics of it on the computer. It's all stock except the exhaust. It's boring but gets me around.

Here's my weekend toy. 1985 Camaro

Aug08005.jpg

_MG_2216.jpg

Here's my soon to be daily driver. V8 1984 S-10

11-09015.jpg

It's alot further along but I don't have any new pics on the computer. You can see my other truck a little in the background of this pic.

Edited by RTK434

11-09015.jpg

It's alot further along but I don't have any new pics on the computer. You can see my other truck a little in the background of this pic.

That thing is nice, I'm thinking about putting a v8 in my 1999, what size v8? Oh and are you going to paint it or leave it flat black, I kinda like the way it looks now, and I also like the way those rally rims look on it.

This is the only car I own, hence it is my daily driver.

Rover01.jpg

Rover02.jpg

It is going to be replaced with a 1982 Chevrolet Caprice Classic though.

Neat car...what is it?

You'll like your Caprice, comfortable, reliable and not all that hard to drive, certainly no worse than your hearse (very cool, by the way.)

Charlie Larkin

hmmm is it a 4x4? if so sounds like some one was going to do some work to it as that set up is killer for off-roading but if its just a rwd model well some one wanted to haul more then what the truck was intended to haul?????

Nope she's a 2WD 1500 W/T which gave it the 3/4 ton suspension from the factory, but the guy who had it before me added a set of 1 ton rear leaf springs.

My daily driver is a 99 chevy regular cab 1/2 ton 2wd pick up. I don't have any pics of it on the computer. It's all stock except the exhaust. It's boring but gets me around.

11-09015.jpg

I had a '85 4x4 With the 2.8L diesel, my Grandfather has a '84 S10 Tahoe

truckandtrailer001.jpg

pictures035.jpg

Why does it have the GMC S15 badges?

Also, it's funny how similar teens and older people are...they both love to over-accessorize their vehicles! :D

Actually my Grandfather has always had vehicles dripping in chrome and accesories, besides I'd harldy call it over accesorized. and about the S15 badges someone stole the S10 Tahoe badges, they ripped them right off the truck so I helped my 85 year old grandfather out and bought these from a scrap yard just to fill the holes, I have a set of factory badges on order from GM, forgot to mention this truck has close to 500,000 miles on the original engine and tranny, never been repainted or had any body work done, and has spent it's winters for the last 10 years in Florida.

truckandtrailer002.jpg

truckandtrailer004.jpg

truckandtrailer003.jpg

truckandtrailer006.jpg

truckandtrailer017.jpg

truckandtrailer031.jpg

pictures043.jpg

pictures038.jpg

and my grandfather being a EX trucker and my Great grandfather owning his own trucking company in Windsor

pictures045.jpg

Edited by Dukefan69'

Yea I missed that it is a s10, but they all are technechily the same. Nice truck you got there Nick, but I would take off all the accesories and jack it up and put some big beffy off road tires on it, but that's just me. :D

it's not my truck yet, and even after it is I'm not touching it, actually there's a fair diffrence between a base model S10 and a Tahoe aswell as a S10 and S15 of this vintage. the reason why I'm not touching it is that it was my grandfathers and still is, he tough me about cars since I was knee high to a grass hopper, and I've had a lot of fun times and fond memeries in that little S10.

Guest Mustang3.8

it's not my truck yet, and even after it is I'm not touching it, actually there's a fair diffrence between a base model S10 and a Tahoe aswell as a S10 and S15 of this vintage. the reason why I'm not touching it is that it was my grandfathers and still is, he tough me about cars since I was knee high to a grass hopper, and I've had a lot of fun times and fond memeries in that little S10.

Amen to that, Nick. I would'nt touch it either.

I drive Big Red here when I aint in my Stang, usually in ice and such or to haul ###### around.

92 150 Long wide bought from the original owners kids. 85 thousand miles, hefty chromed car deflector on the rear and heavier springs than a standard 150. Old man did some pullin with it we think, something big even. Monster sits higher than most 150s in the rear too. biggest thing it's seen since we got it was a 20 foot trailer loaded with cut limbs and such. It don't work as hard anymore doesn't even get driven much We've had it 2 1/2 years only put 3000 miles on it lol

S7300020-1.jpg

my S10 body wise sorta looked like these as far as condition,

mine was the same color as the last.

I had a '93 S10 Tahoe for a couple of years. 4.3L V6, Auto, reg cab, long bed, hunter green, gray interior. I put exhaust and 15" '94 S10 wheels on it, and fixed a few minor things that were wrong when I got it. It was a great little truck, just too small inside- had a bench seat but was still effectively a two-seater. I wouldn't ever trade my Silverado for it back, but I kinda miss it from time to time.

accually there the same thing, no differences at all, yes there was the blazers and the jimmy's verses the s10 and s15/sonoma but there the same, trust me, I know ALOT about these trucks, but I do agree with you about the memories, if you remove everything then it dosen't feel like the same truck, that's how I feel about my sonoma, I want to paint it but then it won't feel like the same one.

accually there the same thing, no differences at all, yes there was the blazers and the jimmy's verses the s10 and s15/sonoma but there the same, trust me, I know ALOT about these trucks, but I do agree with you about the memories, if you remove everything then it dosen't feel like the same truck, that's how I feel about my sonoma, I want to paint it but then it won't feel like the same one.

I ment a S10 comapered to a S10 Tahoe, there's a fair diffrence.

Not really, it was just an upgrade package that you could get on top of the normal one, I'm pretty sure.

Tahoe was the top of the line model of S10, my grandfathers truck has chrome grille, PS, PB, blue Vinly interior, with Custom dealer optioned Navy Blue and Industrial Grey two tone job, those are options ordered by the first owner (yes my grandfathers the second owner, he bought it when it was 6 weeks old off the first owner who bought it the parked it in his backyard)

Tahoe: Added carpeting, gauges, and a right-hand visor mirror, Chrome Grille, Color-keyed floormats, courtesy lights.

Let see, first,

Marc... A tuned Yaris S, isn't that an oxymoron? :D

Nick, you are jealous of me and you have a 1st gen GTI??? Great Car man!

Okay, here are mine

Daily driver

1986 Toyota Cressida with stock 5M. Bought out of a guy's driveway for 200$ It is the proverbial 'little old lady' car. She only shows 173K on the clock. So far, Tokico Blues all the way around. Cut 1.5 coils in the front and 1 coil in the back, may go more. 5 speed swap planned, but not executed just yet.

hangercressi.jpg

The only shot I have of my work truck, kind of. You can see it in the background of this shot. I was trying some flares on the cressida. Work truck is a 2004 4X4 Tahoe with big News9 stickers on it. Helpful in a lot of situations ;)

Flares2.jpg

Project cars...

2 1983 Supras, one parts, one fixer. I haven't decided which is which just yet. Red one was free and needs an engine.

Newhood.jpg

White was was saved and needs a ton, but has a good, strong engine...

thebeast.jpg

Lastly, my pride and joy, a 1976 Celica GT liftback. I bought this one from the original owner. He had a ton of stuff, original paper tag, lien release, wiindow sticker, Weber carb, spare parts car... just a bunch of stuff for it. Right now, I am in the 'parts collecting' mode for it. I bought a 3rd GT for the black interior alone. It will be a long term project, but I hope to have it at least running before summer. On the road, hopefully by the end of the year.

frontsheetmetal.jpg

There is one more, that is not mine, but I am doing a lot of the work on it. My buddy stole this one off of craigslist for 200$ needs a fuel pump and that is it...

wagon1.jpg

The brother to my cressida, a 1986 wagon. I really want to buy this one from him and give it to the wife. She wants a wagon and this one has more style than most on the road right now. Of course, it would look realy cool dumped on some centerlines or Konig Rewinds...