Model Cars Magazine Forum

1970 Buick GSX "Flipnose"

John Teresi

Coming along great, John. Great color choice. I wasn't and still am not a huge fan of those rims on there, BUT, they look a lot better with the car in paint then they did mocked up. I kind of like how the triangles in the rims follow the shape of the decal stripes. Keep it going!

looking great John

one question/comment though

is the front end hinged allready ?

because if it is not i would like to offer this piece of advice...make the hinge like i explained it in this tutorial

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=28665&hl=%2Bflip+%2Bflop&fromsearch=1

i think it will make the whole front end operate very smoothly

(the reason i pointed it out is because in the pictures you posted it looks off..to hard to work under i guess)

just a suggestion though, seeing how this build is coming along i need your advise more then you need mine

John, What impresses me the most on your builds is how quickly you can push these out. This is turning out to be a really nice build. the weathering you do is spot on. Ive been bring some of this into my builds as well as the Hollish car and now the the Surfers car both have some weathering done to them...

looking great John

one question/comment though

is the front end hinged allready ?

because if it is not i would like to offer this piece of advice...make the hinge like i explained it in this tutorial

http://www.modelcars...op&fromsearch=1

i think it will make the whole front end operate very smoothly

(the reason i pointed it out is because in the pictures you posted it looks off..to hard to work under i guess)

just a suggestion though, seeing how this build is coming along i need your advise more then you need mine

Eelco......thank you for you tutorial.......I wish...... I would have used your way......but,the hinges are already glued in place.......thank`s

what is the advantage of doing flat black covered with gloss vs gloss black ?

Andy.......I have no answer for your question Flat black v`s Gloss black......it`s just that I have tried different paint`s from H.O.K. black with clear coat and "Osh" brand Flat Black spray paint with clear coat and I like the finish that comes with using the "Osh" brand Flat Black spray paint.......the alclad has a better looking chrome effect......thank`s

Hello.......I got the glass in and the interior assembled to the body........the body is assembled to the chassis.......rear bumper and exhaust hooked up.......I need to finish some plumbing on the engine and put on the spoiler and door-handles and mirrors and this should be done.......I should have finished picture`s tomorrow........thank`s for looking.

DSCF0465.jpg

DSCF0466.jpg

DSCF0476.jpg

DSCF0470.jpg

DSCF0472.jpg