Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT M&H Racemaster Dragster Slicks & Parts Pack Tires

Gregg

On 19/01/2018 at 8:21 PM, Draggon said:

The tires in my pic are original AMT. I have copies of them in resin from Modelhaus. I'm not sure if R&M has them. The first and only kit I've ever seen them in was the Willys/32 Sedan kit mentioned in the other thread. I never had the Willys as a single kit, so I don't know if the tires were in that.

They were also in the original issues of the '55 Nomad and '56 Ford Victoria.  Modelhaus sold them as their T110.  I wasn't aware of R&M copying them.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 1/21/2018 at 7:38 PM, afx said:

I think they are both AMT.  Both have the square inner edge not the tapered edge of the Orange Crate Revell front.

Here is the Revell tire (left) and AMT tire side by side. Identical except for size. Plus Im pretty sure AMT only made that tire in one size.

20180312_232628001.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 11/6/2019 at 6:38 AM, Tye Brown said:

69c sounds good 

On 2/26/2018 at 9:05 PM, Casey said:

Are these the smaller pair of tires included in the older AMT Custom - Competition Wheels & Tires set, like so?:

AMTCustWnTiresPPOrig.thumb.jpg.9492bf300c2c139d7c5f4181060016a1.jpg

I'd be all in for multiple multiples of this set! Even at today's MSRP.

10 hours ago, gtx6970 said:

Wow.

I could really use the wheels out of this pack

The wheels are actually fairly easy to find. AMT/Ertl reissued them at least once along with a competition chassis. If memory serves correctly, they were reissued at least one more time since then. But O could be wrong on that. The real story in the pictured 69 cent parts pack are the tires. Especially the front runners. They weren't available very long and aren't real easy to find. But they make excellent front rubber for vintage hot rods and drag cars. See earlier in this thread, and they are on the coupe below. 

AMT-8435-2.jpg

20191107_213342.jpg

Edited by Dave Darby
  • Like 1

On 11/8/2019 at 8:13 PM, Dave Darby said:

The wheels are actually fairly easy to find. AMT/Ertl reissued them at least once along with a competition chassis. If memory serves correctly, they were reissued at least one more time since then. But O could be wrong on that. The real story in the pictured 69 cent parts pack are the tires. Especially the front runners. They weren't available very long and aren't real easy to find. But they make excellent front rubber for vintage hot rods and drag cars. See earlier in this thread, and they are on the coupe below. 

AMT-8435-2.jpg

Well, If someone happens to have 2 of these wheels,,,,,,,PM me

• 1 year later...
On 2/9/2021 at 2:27 PM, Casey said:
AMT-PP30 1/25 Firestone Drag 500 Big Slicks Parts Pack

fswide.jpg.5f4dcd4d0e006a2e5844ea142d2c94c9.jpg

Really looking forward to these. I’m assuming that they are bigger diameter  than the previous version? The others were slightly small for a couple of early 70’s cars I wanted to use them on.

Edited by doggie427

2 hours ago, doggie427 said:

Really looking forward to these. I’m assuming that they are bigger diameter  than the previous version? The others were slightly small for a couple of early 70’s cars I wanted to use them on.

Not sure on the O.D., but I believe they are the same slicks which are included with the Bill Grumpy Jenkins Pro Stock Vega reissue:

FSdrag500wideslicks.jpg.e44591e9712cf1da537f7d1804d3c05d.jpg