Model Cars Magazine Forum

Most Expensive Car Crash Ever?

It is not the most expensive car crash ever, it actually ranks on the cheap side.

I'd say the 240-car crash on the Autobahn 2 near Braunschweig was more expensive. A lot more.

3 Million Dollars damage are caused by nearly every truck crash.

So...the story says, the driver was trying to change lanes and hit the median? What lane was a switching to..the on coming traffic lane? and...BTW....you'd think the other guys would have more than enough time to react since they were probably all driving way below the speed limit!

85 to 100+ mph is what I read this morning. I thought those price tags included the brains to drive them :blink:

85 to 100+ mph is what I read this morning. I thought those price tags included the brains to drive them :blink:

Just because you can afford one, doen't mean you can drive one! On top of that, with the money these guys have, they all probably have monumental egos and competative drives. That is a recipe for disaster if I ever heard one.

I betcha this one is more expensive...A truckload of vintage Porsches on the way to auction, creamed by freight train....

Pic511-vi.jpg

Pic513-vi.jpg

Pic517-vi.jpg

Pic521-vi.jpg

Pic476-vi.jpg

I was told once that its about $30-$50 a min to have a train derailed... This was by a local guy who tryed to cut off a train in his big rig, he made it but the tailer didnt...he no longer runs for that company ;)

I'd go for this!

a-bugatti-veyron-that-after-crashing-into-a-two-feet-of-saltwater-in-texas-requiring-over-250000-in-repairs.jpg

500x-bugatti-veyron-lake-crash-16845.jpg

With a base price of $1,700,000 for a normal (if there is such a thing) Veyron and $2,700,000 for the Super Sport, I think that outdoes the other wrecks, because this one only included ONE CAR!! The insurance payout was $2,000,000 even though it is now suspected fraud.

http://wot.motortrend.com/insurance-company-claims-man-deliberately-crashed-bugatti-veyron-into-lake-140909.html

The Porsches kinda bum me out. :( THAT'S a tradgedy, even if nobody got hurt.

Still, I'd have to think any one of those massive pileups in inclement weather (the ones with dozens of cars, trucks, and 18 wheelers) would probably represent a bigger loss, dollar wise, than this. Just a semi tractor and trailer can be almost a quarter million, not even counting the value of any cargo.

The guys/hippies on the Prius forums must be proud of their cars.

Group of exotic cars. 3.8 million.

Toyota Prius. Roughly 23k.

23k Prius taking out 3.8 million worth of exotic cars unscathed. Priceless.

prius owners are mostly very bad people exhibit A. WARNING: Language

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBV486ignTk

if i was that guys wife i wouldve slugged her if i was him i wouldve revved it.