Model Cars Magazine Forum

What magazines do you get?

MCM, Scale Auto, Collectible Automobile, electronic subscriptions to the 4 Hemmings magazines, Automobile, Car & Driver, Road & Track.

Once in while I pick up Muscle Car Review or Mopar Muscle at the grocery, and pick up Motor Trend Classic, Motorsport (UK), Car (UK), F1 Racing (UK) , Top Gear (UK) and Classic and Sportscar (UK) occasionally at the bookstore. Also subscribe to Rolling Stone and Premiere. Pick up Time and The Economist on occasion. I also subscribe to Dr Dobbs Journal, a computer programming magazine for my real-life vocation...

In the coming years, I see myself switching to more electronic subscriptions...as I do a lot of reading on my laptop, phone, Kindle and iPad.

Edited by Rob Hall

My laptop is tough balance in my reading room, so besides MCM I get scale Auto, Car and Driver, Road $ Track, National Geographic, Model Railroader, Popular Science, Popular Mechanics, Scientific American, ... think that's all. I also pick up odd issues of Fine Scale Modeler and various rod and custom mags as the issue hits me from the news stand. I love paper mags and NEVER read any electronic ones.

Model Cars and Scale Auto by subscription, occaisionally buy Fine Scale Modeler. Lots that I buy once in a while for one or two articles, and several non hobby ones as well (Rolling Stone, Various sports publications and several trade mags related to my job.)

I let all my subscriptions run out over the past year because I knew I'd be moving soon. Now that I am moving I'll be starting up again with MCM and Fire Apparatus Journal, and my memberships in IPMS, SPAAMFAA (Society for the Preservation and Appreciation of of Antique Motorized Fire Apparatus, and the California chapter of SPAAMMFA which all include magazine style newsletters.

Here comes:

-V8 Magazine

-Primer

-Fuel Magazine

-Gasoline

And then some Magazines, what are usually bought from the shop.

-Gasser Magazine

-Car Craft

-Rod&Custom

-Popular Hot Rodding

-Hot Rod

-Mobilisti

-Power Magazine

-Rebel Rodz

-Scale Auto

And some others too, but can't remember them all.

And soon I will order Model Cars Magazine, I haven't it yet, because it can't be bought from Finland, as Scale Auto. But I will order it soon.

Three subscription mags for me: MCM, Scale Auto and Hot Rod.

Upon occasion I will pick up Fine Scale Modeler if there is something of interest. I will also pick up other 1:1 car mags if they catch my eye, especially if I am flying somewhere. Twice a year I fly from Charlotte to Seattle for business meetings so that means I drop about $20 each time on some reading materials for that 6 hour flight.

Wow....im surprised no one mentions this magizine....CARS & PARTS... that is some great reading material and full of info!

i also pick up a mag if i see it that deals with old tractors and farm machinery and such!

stuff like that!

for those who say SAE ....YOU GUYS ARE TRAITORS! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't subscribe directly by mail...I get SA & MCM from my LHS, as he's kind enough to put these two aside as they come in. I feel I am doing a little bit to support my LHS. I will occasionally pick up Tamiya Models, Fine Scale, Hot Rod, Car Craft, Muscle Car Review, Air-Brush Action, hot VWs or others from time to time, as the interest strikes.

Fine Scale Modeler

MCM

Equipment Echos - journal of the Historical Construction Equipment Association

Military Machines International

Military Miniatures in Review - whenever I see them at shows or the news stand

After the Battle

Traditional Rod & Kulture Illustrated - haven't seen these lately though

Does anyone know of an old school rod mag without all of the sleazy tattooed girls?

Kind of makes you feel guilty when the check out person sees the cover, eh?

I only subscribe to one magazine - and it's not model or car related. I do buy every issue of MCM from a local shop. SA I peruse and buy based on content - hit and miss. Fine Scale same thing. Mopar Action (I think that's what it's called) on occasion.

One of my favorites is Nostalgic Heroes, but it's not easy to find here in the States, is expensive, and is written in Japanese - so it's for the pictures only (and, no, there are not tattoo laden fancy girls adorning every page). They have some really great articles on classic Japanese cars.