Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

1966 Nova Wagon

TooOld

This is my first post in "Under Glass" and also the first model I built since 1987 . I built it late last year while recovering from an extended hospital stay . My son said I was crazy and " Too Old " to be building models , hence my screen name .

I started with the AMT '66 Nova SS and grafted the roof and tailgate from a '57 Nomad body that I had . I detailed the engine and added Pegasus wheels and tires , and a scratchbuilt exhaust . The tinted windows were to hide the non-existent interior , but I kind of like it .

It's not even close to what I see posted here , but it got me back in the hobby and I'm really learning alot !

Thanks for looking . BOB.

file-vi.jpg

Edited by TooOld

Thank You to everyone for the nice comments . Like I said , this was my first build in a long time and I sure had fun building it ! I've finished 2 more in the last few months and I am currently working on another Wagon . I'm going to try some BMF on it ( another first for me ) . Wish me luck .

I'm in the Tampa area and would love to make it to one of the club meets , but in my current situation I just can't travel that far .

BOB.

Very nice ! The roof looks better on your Nova than it did in the Revelle kit on the Nomad.

I agree . That's why I didn't mind cutting up the Nomad body .

Man what a great idea, I don't know why I didn't think of this. This looks good, almost like it could have been factory, good job! What else you got show off...................LOL

I'm currently doing a WIP in the " On the Workbench " section ( 1957 Chrysler Hemi Wagon ) .

Thanks for the nice comments .

BOB.