Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

The recession hasn't hit everyone

We are all supposed to like it because it's different and we might hurt someones' feelings if we say otherwise. Stare at it for a while.

Nissan-Juke-R-55.jpg

Now think about the price, well north of a half-million dollars. And think about what else you can have for the money, or what kind of wild machine you can have built for that.

It's not so easy to compartmentalize everybody like that. Saying that if someone doesn't like this rolling road toad, that he must not like anything foreign, is just foolish.

-MJS

I did stare at it for awhile and it looks like a $23,000 jellybean with wheels and tires to me.

and thats part of the problem here, everyone is so caught up in how "ugly" or boring or without style or whatever that they arent paying any attention at all to why it's something different and special. OMG, it's a $600k Nissan Juke! well it's a bit more than just that.

Dave, its not worth it, all they see is ugly and not the fact that it has a 500 BHP engine it, can do 0-60 in a few seconds, that its just something different, but yet they all say today's cars are boring right?. All its going to do is make you want to sFun_banghead2.gif

If you can afford, or even think of purchasing, a car for $600,000 dollars, you are not on a model car forum. To you, money is not a factor I. Your purchasing decisions.

I know a person that could afford this car. He owns two Bentleys just because, well, he can. Of he decided he wanted this car, he would buy it.

I cannot comprehend spending this amount of money on a car and I don't think many on this forum can either. There is a huge gap between people on this world that can buy this, an those that can't fathom it. A HUGE gap.

Now, the car is a hand built custom with very capable performance. I bet it would be a great 240 pound women to take I bed.

Do you love it $600,000 worth?

$600,000???!!!!

Just the sales tax alone is enough to buy you a very nice car with $$$ left over.

Hmmm, the sales tax on that could pay off my 200, convert that to AWD, twin turbocharge it........and likely fund a turbocharged stroker for my Jeep too!!!!!

:P

Ok... after a lot of cleaning up of other people's messes... :rolleyes:

let's see if we can actually be adults here.

Hope you're not asking too much there Harry :(

Its not about the looks, its whats under the hood thats important here, yes its ugly, but its fast, very fast

And if I bolted a JATO setup to a Dumpster, I'd have the same combination: ugly, fast(er) and hyper-expensive. Can you help me understand why are you so willing to overlook the hideous design, especially for a vehicle in this price range?

As far a more down-to-earth implementation, I'd like to see the GT-R drivetrain in an Infiniti G or M sedan...

The GT-R was supposed to be an Infiniti, but.....

We're still waiting for our Infiniti über-car, but I'm not holding my breath. That just introduced the new JX, which is another state-side assembled turd based on the Murano mechanical bits for $50K.

The Juke is being assemble by an outside shop, NOT by Nissan.

The GT-R was supposed to be an Infiniti, but.....

We're still waiting for our Infiniti über-car, but I'm not holding my breath. That just introduced the new JX, which is another state-side assembled turd based on the Murano mechanical bits for $50K.

The Juke is being assemble by an outside shop, NOT by Nissan.

I recall a few years ago some buzz about a possible Infiniti 4dr sports sedan based on the GT-R, but it's never materialized...maybe w/ the next gen GT-R a few years down the road...

Infiniti does have the M56S which could be what you are thinking of Rob. i don't think it shares anything with the GT-R but it is a 4-door sports sedan with a 400+hp V8.

The M56 is nice...there is one in my office parking garage I walk by every morning....there was some buzz on various automotive sites a few years ago of a sedan based on the GT-R platform....a 4dr version of the GT-R w/ the AWD, etc which hasn't happened.

Edited by Rob Hall

You do have to give it credit for looking different. It kind of reminds me of an old SAAB that had a pipe bomb go off inside it, or maybe the child of a SAAB and an AMC Pacer.

I wouldn't buy one even if I did have that kind of money to spend, I just couldn't see spending $600,000 on any car no matter how much money I had.

I appreciate that it's fast and handles well. For me, if a car's going to cost over half a million dollars, it should also look the part. I can easliy see why the Bugatti Veyron is over a million, and the various Ferrari's, Lamborghini's, etc. But all of those cars are also beautiful. This thing is a flat black soccermom car on steroids. And I thought the Juke was hideous when it came out.

...how many times have you seen a concept car or truck that you loved or thought was awesome only to never see it again after it made it's rounds at the shows....

Dodge Charger.

I mean, I was ready to buy one based on the concept. Then we got...well... what we got. :rolleyes:

Dodge Charger.

I mean, I was ready to buy one based on the concept. Then we got...well... what we got. :rolleyes:

Is this 1999 concept car the one you're talking about? I agree, it's one of the most beautiful full-size sedans developed in over a decade, and would still be a winner in 2012. I just wonder if the current battering ram / brick on wheels design with a taller rear roof profile wasn't chosen as a competitor to the Crown Victoria, for more fleet / police use, and therefore higher volume

charger-concept-1.jpg

Edited by sjordan2

That one was based on a LH platform right? FWD V6 that cooks itself to death?, that would have went over real well. I think they were smart to wait for what we have now.

You can't assume to know what engine they would have used. And I've never heard of any problems with those V6s... I must have missed that story. And besides, I'm talking about styling. We were led to believe that concept was the next Charger, then we got a brick on wheels.

I dunno, not to start an styling argument, but someone tell me how that '99 Concept isn't a '11/'12 Charger with the front end of a '99 Camaro tacked onto it.

LOL :lol: ! Beauty is in your eye as they say...

That one was based on a LH platform right? FWD V6 that cooks itself to death?, that would have went over real well. I think they were smart to wait for what we have now.

If I remember right, this was going to be rear wheel drive (which was supposedly possible with the LH platform), and powered by a boosted 4.7l V-8. Now if it would had that aweful 2.7l V-6, I could see that arguement.

I dunno, not to start an styling argument, but someone tell me how that '99 Concept isn't a '11/'12 Charger with the front end of a '99 Camaro tacked onto it.

Don't see the Camaro front clip, but now that you mention it, the newest Charger does borrow pretty heavily from this concept car..........took long enough, wonder if having the Italians inplace of the Germans and to a lesser extent Canadians (Cerberus) to fix this problem.

Edited by Joe Handley

I was thinking firebird, but close enough.

Harry, I was refering to the 2.7L that was in that body of intrepid and 300 vehicles. When they were designed, they ended up running about 70-90 deg hotter then planned under the hood. This caused the 2.7 to sludge very quick. There was even a class action suit against them for it. The courts setteled on payment to people who had failures less then 70k miles. Know why ?? They ruled the average life expectancy of an american car to 70k miles.. :lol: :lol: :lol: