Model Cars Magazine Forum

'66 Revell Impala!

cruz

Thank you for your replies fellas, I am extremely appreciative of your comments and also very glad you liked it. I am currently writing this from my smart phone but as soon as I get a chance I will post some pictures of the engine, chassis and interior. Again, thanks!

Before I forget, I want to thank Harry for the feature and cover shot of this model in this Month's Model Cars Magazine, I thought it was very cool of him and it's an honor to be part of the mag. Thanks a million Harry!!!

When I see a model built to such a high level, believe me, it gets my attention. It deserved the feature, and the cover. Well done, Marcos. B)

I've been planning a series of bone-stock 1966 Chevys to compliment the replica of my (former) 1966 Corvair Monza that's currently in the works. Looking at your flat-out incredible model inspires me to do a couple of them - one as an all-out performance big-block 4-speed car and the other as a straight-6/Powerglide "Secretary Special". As I recall, in 1966 you could get any engine you wanted in your Impala SS. from the basic 230 straight-6 up to the fire-breathing 427. I have at least one of each of the following from 1966 awaiting either building or restoration: Chevelle coupe and wagon, El Camino, Nova SS, and a restorable Corvette annual glue bomb to go with a few other Corvair glue bombs. I only hope that they come out somewhere close to as nicely as your red beauty did!

(I still need to find a pickup truck or two... )

When I see a model built to such a high level, believe me, it gets my attention. It deserved the feature, and the cover. Well done, Marcos. B)

Oh, you're just saying that because the alternator has a bracket and isn't floating in space. :P:D

Marcos, why the cluttered background in the first few pics?

Oh, you're just saying that because the alternator has a bracket and isn't floating in space. :P:D

Marcos, why the cluttered background in the first few pics?

Casey, you got me, didn't think anyone would notice... :P Thank you for your comments fellas, greatly appreciated!!