Model Cars Magazine Forum

Dodge Monaco Military Police car

Volvoman

Due to all the great comments regarding my posting of the Pontiac Ventura that I built, I thought that I would share another model of mine with you.

Built from the old Dukes of Hazzard Rosco police car, I decided to build a military police car as was very often chasing the A team nearly every episode. Although I don't ever recall Monaco's being used as M.P cars in the show, I think you'll agree that it does look the part. The paint is Tamiya Olive drab from a spray can and the decals were from an old Willys jeep.

As usual, all comments are welcome and thanks for looking.

2011-01-25210033.jpg

2011-01-25205950.jpg

Thanks guys for all your comments, as usual, very much appreciated. Martinfan5, the wheels and tyres are actually taken from the Hobby Heaven 1970 Ford but I still used the hubcaps from the Monaco as they were an exact fit.

Really cool! Llike the idea to make a military police car from Decker. *Thumps up*!

But...had they chrome around the windows? Hmmm...think i must watch some episodes of the A-Team :)

Very nice, I can hear the Ateam theme song in my head now, where did you get the wheels from ?

Ok, it's funny you two brought that up, all I could think of was one of the TV cars corkscrewing through the air with the A-Team theme song playing in the back of my head :lol:

B'stards. Now you've gone and got the theme installed on my cerebral jukebox. It's gonna take me all day to get rid of that.

Nice build BTW.

Wouldn't the cop cars on the A-Team have just got a quick & dirty respray on whatever the props buyer got hold of? In which case chrome trim (or lack of it) probably depended on where the masking tape was placed that day.

B'stards. Now you've gone and got the theme installed on my cerebral jukebox. It's gonna take me all day to get rid of that.

MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice build BTW.

Wouldn't the cop cars on the A-Team have just got a quick & dirty respray on whatever the props buyer got hold of? In which case chrome trim (or lack of it) probably depended on where the masking tape was placed that day.

I wouldn't be surprised if some of the 1/1 cars wore Hazzard County markings at one time ;)

Yup it does look the part, and I'm sure a few Monaco's saw M.P duties!..nice job very creative B) B)

Marine MP's at Camp LeJeune drove them in the 70's. They were as bare bones a car that was ever made.

This is a real nice build, and reminds me of those days.

G

Funniest thing I ever witnessed stateside was at LeJeune and involved two MP's in a Dodge like this. I was walking from the BOQ to breakfast when I happened upon a crowd standing outside the chow hall. Seems large Mr Alligator decided to sun himself on the empty lot that morning. Well up rolls the MP's, they exit the car and realize what is lying right there. One jumps back in the car, and the other climbs on the hood. As I watch, the civilian janitor exits the chow hall, with broom in hand, and shoo's the gator away.

I still chuckle over that one.

G