Model Cars Magazine Forum

Score at hobby lobby

Just got back from HobbyLlobby. Went there Tues or Wed and bought the AMT Gremlin with a 40% off coupon. Saw a few things I'd like and decided to go back. Bought the double dragster kit yesterday. Went there about an hour ago and was in the isle with the kits. i asked this guy that works there if the trucks ever go on clearance. i had the AMT Diamond Reo in my had. He said sometimes, then said hold on. Comes back and puts a $24.99 yellow sticker on it. It was $36.99. I tell him thanks. Go up to the register with the truck and a package of markers for $3.99. I give the girl at the register my 40% off coupon and she says "you want to use it on this truck model, right", and i said sure. They're not supposed to discount clearance items. I never saw her there before. Okay for me. $15 for the truck. Ken

They don't scan at hobby lobby, they just take the price from the sticker on the item. I asked them about that once and was told that this is the way corporate wants it done and it won't change until they say so. Strange. Ken

They don't scan at hobby lobby, they just take the price from the sticker on the item. I asked them about that once and was told that this is the way corporate wants it done and it won't change until they say so. Strange. Ken

i love the way they do it, got a airbrush compressor from there one day that was on sale for i think $90. then i had a %50 off coupon i found online somewhere. i got a great compressor for a little less than 1/3 of the normal price. god bless their questionable methods at the cashier lol

CHECK YOUR HOBBY LOBBY STORES FOR CLEARANCE MODELS 74 CAPRICE W/ TRAILER, GENERAL LEE GLOW IN THE DARK KIT,72GTO,70 BOSS 302, 66 CHEVY,AND SO ON. ALL ON CLEARANCE FOR 14.99. THEY JUST GOT IN THE 66 MUSTANG RETRO EDITION BOX, AND THE STUDE AVANTI RETRO BOX KIT AT 22.95 REGULAR PRICE( USE THE 40% OFF COUPON FOR ABOUT 9.20 OFF) AT THE CANTON, MI STORE YESTERDAY.

Edited by paul alflen

HobbyLobby is great place, and even I know that. Too bad we don't have Hobby Lobbys here in Northern Europe. <_<

Anyway, I visited in Hobby Lobby in February, 2011. That was on Daytona Beach, Florida. Bought Revell's '65 Stepside and SnapTite Kenworth W900. They were discounted, but I was still suprised about the price: 35,02$.

yep, I want to pick up that Gremlin, too... love the 40% off coupons... makes model kits almost fair priced... although I did my biggest buyig, when kits were $10 or less, so still get sticker shock when I go anywhere to get kits.... (love the hobby swap meets, so still can find deals, there.)

• 3 weeks later...