Model Cars Magazine Forum

1967 Chevelle

severin681

I did this mainly to get back into the hobby after a 10 year absence from it. I did a lot of these in college. My Junior and Senior year were tough so I put them in storage. Life happened, I have a family, and a house, etc...and now finally 10 years later i have time to do them. So I thought I would make as many mistakes as possible doing this one so I can focus on the other ones I have in line.

So, it has problems, I know, but it was great relearning all the little tricks I once knew. My biggest mistake was not paying attention to the weather one day when I was spray painting the metallic black on the body. It started to sprinkle as I was putting on the final coat. A big drop of water smacked it on the driver front fender and caused these little craters to appear on the body. I never sanded them out, and I never glossed the body. But I proceeded forward knowing not to do THAT next time (spray on cloudy days!). I put only the detail on the car that comes with it, in other words, nothing after market. Regardless I'm still happy with how it turned out, mistakes and all. I hope someone out there enjoys it too.

Thanks for looking!

(Oh, and I'm making license plates at work with my sticker paper...so those are missing still, but not forgotten!) :D

post-10449-0-65404300-1349286130_thumb.jpost-10449-0-24751200-1349286136_thumb.jpost-10449-0-50679100-1349286148_thumb.jpost-10449-0-05845000-1349286155_thumb.jpost-10449-0-70825200-1349286163_thumb.jpost-10449-0-75081800-1349286168_thumb.j

Oops! Forgot to post the full body shot! I was so concerned with the details.

post-10449-0-48966100-1349287347_thumb.j

Edited by severin681

For being out of the game for 10 years.....you still have it. Personally I really like the color choices and the overall look.

Thank you! I still have a ways to go though. I want to learn how to do all the wiring on engines and where they are all supposed to go.

Thank you everyone again! It really helps me to be focused on my current build so I can share that one!

@Michael J - Yeah my wife made fun of me for contorting myself to get good photos with the camera. She said it looked like I was photographing a super model :lol:

@Lunajammer - Thank you for that! I liked the simplicity of just working whats inside the box. My current build has a few goodies from Model Car Garage and Detail master, and I'm anxious to get that one finished!

Edited by severin681

Back in the saddle! Great job on the Chevelle! That instrument panel is great. Nice finish, too!

Sam

Thank you Sam! Although the picture doesn't quite capture how terrible job I did on the speedometer ^_^ . I attempted to paint it without adequate lighting and a nice magnifying glass.