Model Cars Magazine Forum

New person in the group

Looks like I finally found the right spot. Many here know me already but, for those that don't, my Name is Jackie and I've been building model cars for longer than any woman wants to admit to being alive....lol! I prefer showroom stock although I have been known to build a mild custom or two. If I had to say, my biggest achievement was scratch building a GMC RTS II transit bus that I made into a motor home conversion. Otherwise, I'm known for my vinyl tops and baseline conversions. You know, Trans Am to Esprit, Galaxie to Custom 500, GTX to Satellite, etc. I'm also known for my 1/25 scale Hot Wheels collection, which now numbers thirty-two with more always on the way. The two current projects are the Custom AMX and the GMC Motorhome. I have all but one of the original Sweet 16 Hot Wheels done in 1/25 scale and all of the Spoilers. The one original I'm missing is the Ford J car. I'm always willing to share my tricks, give advise or, if I have the parts, share them as well.

Hey Jackie, glad to see you made it here! I think you'll like this place just fine.

Any progress of note on the Marauder X100? I really don't wanna have to do one myself, but I will if I have to-though I'm rooting for the one you're doing to be in resin at some point, considering I have 3 or 4 of the '69 Galaxies ;)

No hurry though, I only have an inbox of front-burner stuff that's almost punishing right now :D

Welcome to the site. I really like mainstreamers myself. I like the gun toting kitteh in your av, and do tell us about the pic seen in your profile. Is that painting you or just something you like or did?

Hi Gregg, The painting is one done by Miaja, my favourite artist. I'm part American Indian (Shawnee Tribe) and the eagle is my spirit guide so it seemed appropriate. In fact, I also used the Miaja art as murals on my GMC RTS II motorhome model. I'll post pix later.

The kitten is also somewhat symbolic to me. It basically means (to me anyway) that something as cute, cuddly and innocent as a kitten can also be lethal...LOL!

Welcome to the board. I think you're one of a half dozen of us in Northern California. I love your quote. The other one you could add to this is, "It's not my fault your life is ruined!" I've been in law enforcement 18 years and it never fails, I get at least 1-2 of these a year.

Hi Gregg, The painting is one done by Miaja, my favourite artist. I'm part American Indian (Shawnee Tribe) and the eagle is my spirit guide so it seemed appropriate. In fact, I also used the Miaja art as murals on my GMC RTS II motorhome model. I'll post pix later.

The kitten is also somewhat symbolic to me. It basically means (to me anyway) that something as cute, cuddly and innocent as a kitten can also be lethal...LOL!

Thanks for the reply, can't wait to see that RTS. Beautiful painting.