Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Had a parcel arrive today with my latest ebay scores, bought all these off the same seller and was happy to have them arrive safe and sound.

Two more vans for my van collection, love the MPC stuff, seems to be a little harder to get them the Revell/Monogram vans. Been chasing a stunt van for ages and finally got one. (For $15, bargain!) ;)

I've wanted an Ice Patrol for ages now, my older cousin built one and gave it to me when I was about 7, it got destroyed and chucked out years ago and Tony passed away 6 years ago so I've been chasing one to build in his memory since. The Billy Carter pick up is something I haven't seen pop up a lot so I grabbed it too.

And finally I scored this for $15 to be a donor for a resin 77 Trans Am FC body. :)

The same guy I got these off sold me the corvettes and Moving Out van, he's had some old cool stuff listed on ebay over the last month or so.

I have not seen those 2 vans before. Very cool box art on those kits. Nice score on some classic kit Rob..

Found this at the flea market this weekend, still sealed. An MPC Dick Trickle Mustang Super Stocker.

I'm not into stock cars, but maybe there's some parts material in it I can use on other things.

post-11636-0-15504000-1404743199_thumb.j

Found this at the flea market this weekend, still sealed. An MPC Dick Trickle Mustang Super Stocker.

I'm not into stock cars, but maybe there's some parts material in it I can use on other things.

attachicon.gifphoto (1).JPG

Great Find Greg, I would love to find one of those...

Edited by slusher

Here are a couple more from ebay this past week. The first one is my second "Road Warrior" kit. It's an open kit, but everything is there. Going to use the big 'n little BF Goodrich tires I bought from Chief Joseph awhile back. Need to get another set for the other kit. And, the second kit is one I don't remember seeing on the shelves, but I got it for about $25 shipped. The Dick Landy '68 Dart GTS w/figure.

post-9116-0-87425200-1404751495_thumb.jp

post-9116-0-24851000-1404751598_thumb.jp

post-9116-0-48765200-1404751641_thumb.jp

Edited by The70judgeman

I have not seen those 2 vans before. Very cool box art on those kits. Nice score on some classic kit Rob..

You are truly scoring some really nice stuff, Rob! Way to go!

Cheers guys, been lucky of late lots of old stuff I like seems to be popping up at the right times.

attachicon.gifphoto (1).JPG

Love those Super Stocker kits! Don't be too quick to part it out - it's very easy to rebody them since the frame is adjustable for the wheelbase. I've put '56 Ford, '57 Chevy and '65 Nova bodies on them. Some of the AMT Modified Stocker bodies would work as well. Anything you might be looking to trade for it?

Good score Ben, where'd you get them from?

eBay. Got the re issue. I preordered them. Still have to complete my tamiya laferrari and moebius prostar before I touch one of the california haulers. I plan to build 1 box stock and convert 1 to a retored australian delivered 351. Cheers.

Ben

In my quest to try and build a Galaxie from each year between 1959 to 1970, I snagged yet another kit from epay for a pretty decent price. The steering wheel is melted from tire burn, but that's the only real flaw. Haven't picked a color yet, and the autocolor library site is "under maintenance" right now.

galaxie61002m_zpsc9343a20.jpg

galaxie61005m_zpsc778426c.jpg

And I got these yesterday. I already have a Hemi Cuda kit, but I absolutely can't decide between two different color schemes, so I'll have to do one each way. The ' 65 Galaxie is going to be a replica of an actual car that a former co-worker of mine owned. He passed away several years ago, but his son has kept in touch and has been kind enough to send me some pictures.

kitz003_zps21e2f1b2.jpg

Some purist would consider that box ruined, but I think most of us think it adds to the history! Love it!

And what did I get today? A final notice collections call on a car loan! They want the car dropped off or will come and repossess it. Thankfully my name isn't Mohammed and I don't have any car loans.

Wrong number on the house phone that is attached to my alarm system. We had never used that phone (use cells exclusively) until I started working from home. Now I have a phone hooked to it for dial out conference calls. It rings all the time with pest calls.

Wrong number on the house phone that is attached to my alarm system.

Tom, I'm in the Alarm industry, and I can tell you, unless that phone is part of a business and you can write it off on your taxes, get rid of it and go with a cellular communicator. When you figure in the cost of monitoring for your alarm system, add in the monthly cost for the phone line. It usually ends up in the $70-$80 dollar a month range with a phone line. We charge $30 a month for a cellular communicator, saving most customers at least $40 a month!

Good question, Bob. I Googled the name and also saw that they were still around. It would certainly be interesting to know!

Yep still around , I live about 20 minutes away from that shop and go there on occasion... but it is mostly train stuff not too much in the way of plastic kits anymore.

I was poking around a friend of mines barn this morning and I came across what turned out to be the front 2 cylinders of a ford 289 V8 that had been cut off as a demonstration prop. crank turns, cam turns, pistons go up and down, valves open and shut, gears mesh and various other mechanical wonders ensue. hand crank welded to the front of the crankshaft. water passages painted blue and most of the rest left bare metal. mounted to a nice compact stand made from a brake drum. turns over with a little muscle; I think with some WD40 or TriFlow, it should spin around nicely. Koolest thing I ever saw. he said a teacher at the local college gave it to him 20 years ago or so and its just sat there since. made in the 60s as a class project in auto shop. weighs about 200 lbs so I am going back tomorrow or Friday with my truck and fetch it...will post some pics when I do. all of 50$ takes it away.

jb

Tom, I'm in the Alarm industry, and I can tell you, unless that phone is part of a business and you can write it off on your taxes, get rid of it and go with a cellular communicator. When you figure in the cost of monitoring for your alarm system, add in the monthly cost for the phone line. It usually ends up in the $70-$80 dollar a month range with a phone line. We charge $30 a month for a cellular communicator, saving most customers at least $40 a month!

Thanks for the info Mike. I did have the phone there initially for the alarm system when I moved here 4 years ago. This past year, I am now doing consulting work from home and use that as my conference line so I don't rack up minutes on my cell, and so I can use a decent speaker phone on it. So this year I will write it off 100%.

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...