Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

On 8/23/2023 at 10:11 AM, ewetwo said:

Just got this in the mail today to re-create my aunt and uncle's Corvette. Theirs was a 1972 but I think the body didn't change much if at all. He will point them out to me if there were some. LOL. Plus the few 1972 roadster kits I saw on eBay looked like they were red plastic. I just never have good luck covering colored plastic.  Funny thing. The sender tried fitting the kit into a USPS envelope that was the consistency of a paper bag. But the kit's box was too large and they couldn't seal the flaps. So they slid it bagged kit onto a USPS's box. I lucked out there. Good thing Revell kit boxes run larger than most AMT boxes. 

68 corvette.jpeg

You can use the body from the AMT ‘70 roadster with little modification.  The chassis and engine from the Revell kit will fit pretty well.  I did a coupe many years ago.

Oh. I just found out my uncle is starting with dementia. I'll build it to look like his old car and it will be close enough. I know the air cleaner won't be right and a couple of months ago I sold all my extra spare parts. Hind sight. LOL

Edited by ewetwo
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, ewetwo said:

Oh. I just found out my uncle is starting with dementia. I'll build it to look like his old car and it will be close enough. I know the air cleaner won't be right and a couple of months ago I sold all my extra spare parts. Hind sight. LOL

Sorry to hear that.

2 hours ago, ewetwo said:

Beautiful car!  Warbonnet yellow is one of my favorite colors on these cars.  

24 minutes ago, JJ Deuce said:

Sorry to hear that.

Beautiful car!  Warbonnet yellow is one of my favorite colors on these cars.  

It originally had a black top if I'm not mistaken because it had black interior. It was a beautiful car. Sold it just a couple of years ago. Either of my cousins wanted it. I don't know what it sold for and I'm afraid to ask. LOL I think his had the square cut outs for the tailpipes. Don't know if I can do that. The kit has the arched chrome pipe surrounds but seeing there are no cutouts in the model body. Doubt I'll do them.

I think we're in the wrong section now JJ. LOL

Edited by ewetwo
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, ewetwo said:

Sorry to hear that David!

Had to go to Dallas and stopped by another Wild Bill's Hobby Town yesterday and found one kit I wanted and two I didn't know I needed until I saw them! I never knew Protar made a Lancia kit. I've been looking for something to do a Mercedes outlaw style car and this one might do the trick.

aakits.jpg

Edited by oldcarfan
  • Like 3

I had no idea what I had gotten from ebay.  Looks to be a 1/25 snap together.  Bottom says 1979 Revell. The interior could use some detailing. I'm thinking of painting it Bright yellow. Th20230901_200336.thumb.jpg.6af129fcd5678a18156fe841a9259fac.jpg20230901_200340.thumb.jpg.307a75b9c4cb72cc83a4ce17ae3a17eb.jpg20230901_200403.thumb.jpg.51c0f896c1838aa49cafd4333b58a1a1.jpg20230901_200413.thumb.jpg.3061e66bc33c263dd3baa09cf3693915.jpg20230901_200023.thumb.jpg.103c7c72e3167d0db0bd154900442aba.jpge engine bay is pretty lackluster.  I really like the cap. Could put giant tires but the stock tires/wheels look pretty good. Maybe white letter the tires and add some side glass from the amt '72 Jimmy kit with spray tint and add some carpeting to the back, black out the hood.......

• Like 2