Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

I almost bought that Camaro today at Hobby Lobby but was told by 2 people that the kit has major fitment issues.

What type of fitment issues?

What I've seen out there about the AMT 70 1/2 Baldwin Motion Camaro has been positive as it was retooled in the early 2000's. The only complaint about the kit back then was it did not come with the Baldwin Motion decals needed to finish the kit, and some people wanted the single piece front bumper, instead of the split bumper which was period correct if you were building it as the Forest Green Metallic Phase III. This being a reissue of that kit with all of the decals shouldn't be an issue.

Edited by JPS_Lotus

What type of fitment issues?

What I've seen out there about the AMT 70 1/2 Baldwin Motion Camaro has been positive as it was retooled in the early 2000's. The only complaint about the kit back then was it did not come with the Baldwin Motion decals needed to finish the kit, and some people wanted the single piece front bumper, instead of the split bumper which was period correct if you were building it as the Forest Green Metallic Phase III. This being a reissue of that kit with all of the decals shouldn't be an issue.

Unable to get the front end down where it should be. The side pipes wouldn't fit even after extended sanding.

Unable to get the front end down where it should be. The side pipes wouldn't fit even after extended sanding.

Hm.

Well I did some digging around and found some pics of a few completed kits that used the early 2000's re-tooling that the 2014 re-issue is based off of. What little was said didn't mention these problems.

What I would say is that there was a 90s tooling of both the 70 1/2 Motion and Z28 that people have said to avoid like the plague because the body was warped right out of the box.

Here are a couple of pictures of the real life Forest Green Baldwin Motion Phase III....

tn_Motion%20camaro%20magazine%20pictures

tn_car%20pics%202.11.09%20096.jpg

Then here is one of the completed kits...

DCP_0637-vi.jpg

DCP_0636-vi.jpg

I don't know what to make of it. But either way I have the kit....not so sure I will be rushing to get it done anytime soon now lol. :)

I've been still scoring some bits and pieces over the last few weeks, I scored a Moebius Lonestar and Prostar and since than I've collected the following bits and pieces.

I've got a bit of a fetish for the MPC1/20 van kits (and all van kits in general!)and it's spread to the 1/20 Vette kits so when they pop up I try and grab them, got this one for $15 and the other vette for $10.

modd2_zpse5946421.jpg

I managed to grab a few more van kits, some rarer than others the Supervan is in great condition, the others a little more common but nice additions to the stash.

modd_zps091bfe76.jpg

Found another 1/16 Movin Out van, I've already got one but have been chasing another one for the interior to swap into a Big Bad Van kit.

modd1_zpsada51079.jpg

Bought a really nice 1/18 diecast Holden van, not cheap but the details very nice on it.

modd3_zps05cd4d8e.jpg

And finally after years of looking and wanting I lashed out and bought the bike I've wanted for years and years, took awhile to find a decent one but worth the wait so I've had a pretty good last 2-3 weeks. :)

zzr_zps8e788ce7.jpg

I see many long roads on warm summer days in your future. Nothing else quite like the feel of riding, I'm currently trying to find a Standard bike for next summer.

Hopefully mate, it's the middle of winter now and the trip home from buying it was 200km's, enjoyable but a bit fresh. ;)

I've been for a couple of quick runs on the rare sunny day, but I'm counting down till warmer weather and some road miles. :)

What sort of bike are you chasing?

I'm a big fan of smaller bikes and I really like the style of Naked bikes (Ducati Monster is the perfect example of one) so I'm pretty open. A local dealership had a Honda Grom in a while back and I think one of those would be loads of fun, but it's just 125cc (Although I can get a big bore 150cc kit). I'm still trying to make up my mind on exactly what I want, but I know I want a standard/naked bike (Had a Honda Rebel and it was the most uncomfortable thing ever, not making that mistake again) . Hopefully I can find something decent under 5K on Craigslist within the nest year or so.

I've wanted a ZZ/R1100 since reading an article in Wheels magazine in around '91-92 where they raced a ZZ/R against a Ferrari F40 at the time the article was written they where the fastest production car and bike in the world.

10 years ago I went looking but couldn't find one for sale so I bought a '95 ZZ/R600 and had a blast on it before selling it on just before the kids came along. Fast forward to now, and I'm looking to buy another toy, the wife suggests another bike instead of another car to rebuild so I had a search and found a few for sale.

Mines a 1995 ZZ/R1100, in the states they were called ZX11 Ninjas and were the quickest production bikes for 6 years. (This thing is plain out scary) ;)

I could've got something newer but this is the bike I always lusted after.

A mate of mine had a Ducati monster a few years back, very nice bike indeed. Another mate has got a nice Harley that he's just had stroked to 1700cc! Sounds great and has that classic Harley look.

Hope you find something to get you back in the seat soon, I didn't realise how much I missed riding until I bought this thing!

Edited by checkmate

Jim, these two are the original issue of the Baldwin-Motion Camaro, and both are built straight out of the box with no problems of any kind...well, the red one's paint is a problem, but that's my fault. This is the ride height out of the box, and I could have easily dropped the nose on this kit, but I liked the stance level. It's a beautifully done kit that screams for tons of detailing, and now that it actually has a full decal set, I'm gonna buy another couple of 'em!

70Camaro0004-vi.jpg

70Camaro003-vi.jpg

IAnd finally after years of looking and wanting I lashed out and bought the bike I've wanted for years and years, took awhile to find a decent one but worth the wait so I've had a pretty good last 2-3 weeks. :)

zzr_zps8e788ce7.jpg

and is that a proper RHD bike? :rolleyes:

I had to! I have a British friend I used to work with who has a Harley, and I tease him. When he was here and we took him to a Harley dealer, we asked if they had an RHD Harleys... took them by surprise!

Edited by Tom Geiger

Made a quick visit to the Libertyville, IL Hobby Lobby yesterday just to check the stock. The sale items were mixed in with the regular models this time, instead of being on a separate display. Quick notes:

AMT BH Cop Nova and MPC Connie Kalitta Bounty Hunter Mustang both $14.99 ea.

50 Olds $15.59

Monogram '53 Vette and AMT Double Model T both $13.79 ea.

Revell 41 Willys P/U, AMT '62 Vette and '69 Hurst/Olds all $14.39 ea.

Monogram GTX, Buick GSX, '99 Mustang and '64 1/2 Mustang all $11.99 ea.

Edited by ChrisBcritter

and is that a proper RHD bike? :rolleyes:

I had to! I have a British friend I used to work with who has a Harley, and I tease him. When he was here and we took him to a Harley dealer, we asked if they had an RHD Harleys... took them by surprise!

Proper factory RHD Tom,

so it steers nicer than a LHD converted one. :P

Had a parcel arrive today with my latest ebay scores, bought all these off the same seller and was happy to have them arrive safe and sound.

Two more vans for my van collection, love the MPC stuff, seems to be a little harder to get them the Revell/Monogram vans. Been chasing a stunt van for ages and finally got one. (For $15, bargain!) ;)

modd5_zps89b8905f.jpg

I've wanted an Ice Patrol for ages now, my older cousin built one and gave it to me when I was about 7, it got destroyed and chucked out years ago and Tony passed away 6 years ago so I've been chasing one to build in his memory since. The Billy Carter pick up is something I haven't seen pop up a lot so I grabbed it too.

modd4_zpsc6172870.jpg

And finally I scored this for $15 to be a donor for a resin 77 Trans Am FC body. :)

modd6_zps57d78ccd.jpg

The same guy I got these off sold me the corvettes and Moving Out van, he's had some old cool stuff listed on ebay over the last month or so.

New orange corner and side marker lamps for my 1:1 190E 2,5-16v.

Good Year decal sheet with white letters.

Aoshima KE70 Corolla early version.

64 Belvedere by Lindberg.

1 gallon Purple Power. Cost more shipping then actual item lol.

Fujimi Antique garage & tools.

60s-70s Dash gauges decal sheet.

Tamiya resin fittings pack 40pc size small.

12pc Tamiya 10ml paint bottles.

Resin parts: Super coils,radiator and some other small parts from BNL

Resin supercharger and pro street tires from AUS.

Bottle of Zap A Gap and 25 nozzles for Tamiya spray cans.

Dog dish caps from Missing link Mopar & Chevy + 69 Mustang stock hood and 70 Impala front end.

Squadron sanding sticks.

Tamiya panel scriber,dust brush and photo etch scissors.

2pc Tamiya paint markers.

2pc Lindberg display boxes for 1:25.

62 JoHan Fury Convertible.

5pc of diffrent printed gauge faces decals.

Mopar goodies combo set decals sheet from Mikesscalespeedshop.com

Previous week and this weekend.

I almost bought that Camaro today at Hobby Lobby but was told by 2 people that the kit has major fitment issues.

I also had these issues when building the new kit. I did finally get it together. It did make me a bit unhappy.

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...