Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

......went hobby shop hunting this morning,,rare for me to run too far, but worth it today....AMT  36 FORD, AMT 65 GALAXIE, AMT 66 GALAXIE, AMT 72 NOVA BEVERLY HILLS COP VERSION, TWO- AMT 62 BELAIRS , and LINDBERG 64 DODGE MAVERICK S/S....all seven on sale for good prices as well......happy week end,,,,,,the  Ace.......:lol:

I picked up the AMT '36 Ford and AMT 1967 Shelby GT-350. Happy with the latter; disappointed with the former.

What about the '36 disappointed you? For me, it was the not-too-good re-tool of the chopped top, but the nice new chrome steel wheels and tires kinda made up for it.

The original tops were the devil to make fit well, but looked great if you put enough effort in them. I'm not wild about the slightly different proportions the new roof section though, and the fit is at least as bad as the originals.

For starters, the right side of the interior tub is twice as thick as the driver side. The left side of the fender assembly has some pretty deep gouges on the edge of the L/F fender and running board where it seems to have been snipped from the sprue. You are correct about the fit of the roof. To say it's lousy is being generous. Nice Firestones, though. :) 

Edited by SfanGoch

Nice truck kit. I want to build something from the year I was "hatched " but can only find a 51 Chevy or a 51 Henry J. Must keep looking as neither one of those appeal to me much.

Well, I have no affinity for this truck, specifically, but it was either this or the '53 Victoria (which I may also get), and the truck was available today, but the Victoria was not.

Well, I have no affinity for this truck, specifically, but it was either this or the '53 Victoria (which I may also get), and the truck was available today, but the Victoria was not.

Kevin...at least its a good kit lots of possibilities for building it...also comes with cool accessories.  I built many of them as a kid.

Lovely little Alfa, Christian. I worked on those for a couple of years. Remarkably nimble and willing cars.

What scale, and who makes it?

Thanks!

It's 1:24 scale.

Who makes it is a bit of a mystery. It first was part of a series for the Italian motoring magazine Quattroruote.
Then it was reissued as part of a magazine series for the "Centennario", Alfa's 100 year jubilee.
The issue I have is marketed by a company called Leo Models.
There have been several rumours as to who actually makes the models, but it says Made in China on the bottom.
They actually look better in real life, than on the photos. I have quite a few of these 1:24 "magazine models".
Should show them in the Diecast section, really, there is quite some interesting stuff available.

Kevin...at least its a good kit lots of possibilities for building it...also comes with cool accessories.  I built many of them as a kid.

I haven't opened it yet, but it appears that there are tons of additional parts that may come in handy for other projects, as I'll be building this one box stock, like I usually do.

Bought a Johan 1963 Plymouth yesterday at a contest here in San Antonio, for $18!  It's untouched, with a good box, and complete except for the continental kit and some weird exhaust pieces.  It's going to make a good builder.

$18.00 is a steal!!

Still one of the kits I have to add to my collection.

I had one years ago, but who knows what happened to it.

Steve

$18.00 is a steal!!

Still one of the kits I have to add to my collection.

I had one years ago, but who knows what happened to it.

Steve

I know, it is!  The seller also had a Johan '64 Dodge super stock, but I figured I'd better rein it in...I'd already bought an armor model, three AMT showcases, a box full of AeroMaster paints, and a Revell '59 Corvette.  I love the IPMS event here--it's well-managed and attracts a bunch of great models for the contest, from both Texas and Mexico.

Well I love glue bombs and rescuing old builtups, managed to get this boxfull for a very good price a few days ago.

All were built  between 1965-67 by the same young chap here in the UK, he brush painted everything in a kaleidescope of colours, and man did he use a lot of tube glue!!

There's a couple of rarer bits here, an original AMT Ala Kart, an AMT 64 Tempest convertible and a Johan 65 Chrysler 300

2016-02-09 22.05.42.png

Edited by Mr Stock

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...