Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

9 hours ago, ewetwo said:

Picked this stuff up today. Galaxy must be old because it’s 2 metal axels and the plastic body is white. Not red or green plastic. The truck has had some stuff started but done well. They came as a package deal so I don’t know about the truck. 

45457130-17F1-4E74-B4C1-C77BCC388398.jpeg

4B03E41C-6E70-451E-AD59-131EEE3C74B6.jpeg

Your black and chrome pieces are for the 73 Cougar FYI

On 2/28/2024 at 12:50 AM, Sledsel said:

Your black and chrome pieces are for the 73 Cougar FYI

Yes. I figured it out. I think the majority of an engine is there. And the side pipes. The Trans Am is a FunDimensions 1979 Trans Am Promo kit car.The Ford Galaxie is in the soaker tank as the paint was really bad. See the paint will come off. 

Update. The paint came off the Ford. 

Edited by ewetwo

Got 2 C15 engines today, one i have planed to use in a truck that i am going to build someday and are slowly gathering parts for. The other will be added to my collection of truck engines. My goal is to have one of each that came in different truckkits and are offererd in the aftermarket.

20240228_151530.thumb.jpg.26da03a5a95192e316959e9aeb6f13ce.jpg

• Like 1

On 2/26/2024 at 11:49 AM, Sledsel said:

a few years ago I was looking thru Ebay listings and found a 66 Mustang and 66 Galaxie kit for a cheap starting bid. There was one pic with the listing showing 2 partial builds in a box and all you saw was the tops (hood, roof, trunk) that's it. I put in a bid upon noticing it was not a 66 Galaxie, it was a 68. My opening bid won and I received 2 fairly complete kits. Galaxie was all there, light gluing and no paint on anything but the custom seats were in it and stock seats/console was not included. I started a build and put it away for lack of seats.

Low-and-behold I was looking at ebay last week and found a set of 1969 Galaxie seats. Looked at my 69 kit and they are molded in... Hmmmmm, well, needless to say, the seller listed '68 seats as '69's and had a low "buy it now" I got them!!!!!!! 

image.png.16b31749e29d6f022a91499f5cf0d06d.png.                                                                 

And I found this at a flea market this weekend 

IMG_20240226_123800439_HDR.jpg

Round2 opened up all of blocked gates on the most recent issue of the 69 Galaxie which included many parts for the 68 Galaxie. If you watch the HPIGUY review/build you can see there are extra suspension and interior parts in the 69 kit that were parts of the 68 kit. The seller was partially correct that they came from the 69 kit but your good eye spotted them for what they were. 

2 hours ago, Carmak said:

Round2 opened up all of blocked gates on the most recent issue of the 69 Galaxie which included many parts for the 68 Galaxie. If you watch the HPIGUY review/build you can see there are extra suspension and interior parts in the 69 kit that were parts of the 68 kit. The seller was partially correct that they came from the 69 kit but your good eye spotted them for what they were. 

I just watched it and was shocked to see that, the suspension and exhaust pieces. I guess I'll pick up a current release of the 69 even though I already have several earlier releases.

Thanks for the info tho. Guess I am not so stoked anymore for my seats!

21 hours ago, CA Whitecloud said:

Love these micro-applicators. And some other bits.

image.thumb.jpeg.f5ab4bdaaec402a335f85d2b2c628e12.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.17b8c60c0f12efaa6582cfe6c17a6be3.jpeg

What do you use with these to make parts stick to them. I've never seen them until recently here on the forum. 

1 hour ago, ewetwo said:

What do you use with these to make parts stick to them. I've never seen them until recently here on the forum. 

Hi David, you are referring to these. They come with a sticky pad to refresh the tips. I have not used them much yet. They should be handy with PE parts.

image.thumb.jpeg.7d9a0f194864cbebba977fe64a82f504.jpeg

The previous post shows micro-applicators. Like a tiny swab thay have an absorbent tip. Anytime I would usually grab a toothpick I'll try these. They are great for dabs of glue or paint. If your eyes are good enough they do great on things like dashboard knobs.

Edited by CA Whitecloud
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, CA Whitecloud said:

Hi David, you are referring to these. They come with a sticky pad to refresh the tips. I have not used them much yet. They should be handy with PE parts.

image.thumb.jpeg.7d9a0f194864cbebba977fe64a82f504.jpeg

The previous post shows micro-applicators. Like a tiny swab thay have an absorbent tip. Anytime I would usually grab a toothpick I'll try these. They are great for dabs of glue or paint. If your eyes are good enough they do great on things like dashboard knobs.

I'm ordering some tomorrow. Unless my local shop has them and he might as he deals mostly with trains. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Keef said:

Picked up some clearance items from Hobby Lobby 

IMG_0601.jpeg

Gotta say thanks for the heads up! I went to HL and got the Jimmy and a Big Rig trailer and some round sanding sticks all on clearance.

7 hours ago, Keef said:

Picked up some clearance items from Hobby Lobby 

IMG_0601.jpeg

Gotta say thanks for the heads up! I went to HL and got the Jimmy, a Big Rig trailer and some round sanding sticks all on clearance.

I picked up the new Revell 64 Impala Lowrider kit. I'm not planning on making it a lowrider, but I want it "in the weeds". I have been working on the AMT 64 kit and have done a lot of work on it but there is so much to do to get it where I wanted so I just gave up. The Revell kit is so much better to me. The trunk is already opened, the frame is separate from the body pan and the height is adjustable, and the interior has separate door panels. I've bought and designed a lot of parts for it and now I can finally build the 64 the way I've wanted to.

Btw, I'll be trading the LR wheels & tires if anyone's interested. They're nice if that's what you're into.

IMG_20240302_083101525.jpg

Edited by MeatMan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MeatMan said:

I picked up the new Revell 64 Impala Lowrider kit. I'm not planning on making it a lowrider, but I want it "in the weeds". I have been working on the AMT 64 kit and have done a lot of work on it but there is so much to do to get it where I wanted so I just gave up. The Revell kit is so much better to me. The trunk is already opened, the frame is separate from the body pan and the height is adjustable, and the interior has separate door panels. I've bought and designed a lot of parts for it and now I can finally build the 64 the way I've wanted to.

Btw, I'll be trading the LR wheels & tires if anyone's interested. They're nice if that's what you're into.

IMG_20240302_083101525.jpg

Dennis, could you post a pic of the new decal sheet please? 

I'm hoping it has decals for the centers of the Cragars. 

I's do a trade with you but it looks like it would cost both of us over $20 each just for the shipping. 😒

• Sad 1

On 3/2/2024 at 10:30 AM, Can-Con said:

Dennis, could you post a pic of the new decal sheet please? 

I'm hoping it has decals for the centers of the Cragars. 

I's do a trade with you but it looks like it would cost both of us over $20 each just for the shipping. 😒

Yes, they do have the centers, and a nice lace decal I might add.

IMG_20240303_114355246.jpg

IMG_20240303_113937257~2.jpg

• Like 1