Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

2 boxes came today from my favorite online vendors containing 3 Revell Hemi Darts, a Revell '08 Challenger SRT8, and some Competition Resins Mopar hood scoops.

For the Challenger (my 5th so far), I plan to do it as a Hurst replica using the Mike's parts.

For the Darts, I want to do a drag car similar to the box art, a 383 or 340 GTS using the steelies and DDs from the '68 Charger, and a Hemi street machine like the Mr. Norms car from 2007.

I have a resin '68 Hemi Dart conversion kit from AF/X that I plan to build as a gray/black primer race car.

Edited by Rob Hall

I didn't get a kit, but I did find this old shelf in the shed and thought it would be good enough to put my builds on till I get the wall one built, and yes I have more wip's then finished builds lol, the rest are on the other shelf.

sonoma266-2.jpg

After I finish something(hopefully soon) I'm gonna take that daytona and work on that, since there's not much done and I feel like building it again, gonna be a replica of my mom's first new car.

what dayona?

Went to the freshly opened Hobby Lobby in my area. Large store, small model section, good prices on tools. Picked up some spray paint, an angled paintbrush and a tubing bender set. Got home to find the arrival of the Ghostbusters II Ecto 1a kit. I've been wanting build a hot rod hearse for a while. Gonna be flat black w/ blue "true flames". I'm Stoked. Maybe a surfboard or two on top. Maybe a coffin full of ice n' beer.

Went to a new-to-me hobby shop yesterday in St. Petersburg FLorida, Ralph's Hobbies. Great little store, 100's of car kits. I picked up the Monogram 60 Chevy show rod Bad News/Bad Actor. I've always wanted that one.

On a side note I also found Mother, Juggs and Speed and Vanishing Point on dvd. A good day.

We got some sleep. Got up Friday at 7:00am in Las Vegas and our flight home wasn't until 10:30pm. We arrived in Orlando on Saturday at 6:45am, took a shower and went to our Rolling Thunder meeting at 10:00am. Came home and took a nap. Finally went to bed at 9:00pm and woke up at 8:00am this morning. We had a great time!!

My only regret is that we weren't able to hook up with AgentG while we were out there.

well i got a 69 yenko camaro in the mail from firethorn(thanks bro)..

also i finaly got my resin 71 challenger trans kit w/stock flat hood for my motown missile build..from a guy off evilbay ,but direct from him..lol :lol:B):D

so real good day..

Edited by mopar01lee

After hearing about this Building Model Trucks book by Phil Jensen, and the inspiration it has provided to many people, I wanted to see about getting a copy...I've also heard its made of unobtanium....well

downsize.jpg

I spent 30 minutes on amazon and found this copy, in very good condition for 4 bucks, and 3 bucks shipping....a week later(today) it came..

Yeah...having gone to the end of the internet and back has its rewards..lol

Got you beat on "blowout pricing" on that one...

2 weeks ago Steve Munroe gave me that book, and a 1972 Auto World catalog when I saw him at a model contest. Can't beat that...or believe it really. It's a great vintage look at model truck building back in the early 1970s when there weren't a lot of kits to work with.

I am always looking for old catalogs/books/magazines on the hobby and Steve found out about it and made my weekend with an unexpected treasure trove from the attic. Thanks again, Steve!

Yep, you sure did!..i need to start looking out for some of these old cool books, I remember one from way back that did a custom job on the revell 55 nomad, used one of those plastic welder things to do a canted in headlight thing...still used thread with beezwax wiring for detailing the motors..

Gray

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...