Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Got a Hendrix 1951 Pontiac Fastback kit today. Not too bad - needs a little grinding on the interior bucket to fit up into the body better. Complete except for a steering column and steering wheel. Not starting it anytime soon - 2 Hudsons and a 1958 Chevy Del Ray to finish first.

Ohhhh Frank - you used a nasty 4 letter word.

Don't know what the day will bring. Marcia is off work today and we're going to a flea market. Some booth there supposedly has all kinds of kits for $5.00 each. Just what I need - more kits.

Edited by crazyjim

I have been looking for a Fujimi EM Porsche 356 for a while now but am not willing to pay the $50 everyone wants for them. I had been searching for them via the web and the shows I attended the last few years with no luck. I have also been holding off on purchasing the Flintstone 550 spyder for $20+shipping. This last weekend, I went to the local show and found a sealed 356 coupe bundled with a Flintsone 550 for $30 and then another sealed 356 roadster for $17. I have a partial kit that I can use to build the 550 so in all, netted 3 buildables for less than $50. Also picked up two Penske Vettes, the Revell vette with cross webber intake and minilites, a Petty Talladega, a Jeep Renegade and a Fiat 131 Abarth.

That's the same one I got, Mike. Pretty nice unit. Now you need to connect it and get to painting.

Istarted on that this evening..pulled the bathroom fan out of my present booth..the pace will slip right in there.

DSCI0260.jpg

It'll stick out 4-5 inches but big deal. At least I wont have the mess to clean that i usually do. And what a mess there was..the bathroom fan was caked with dried paint, the wall behind was black....horrible mess.

Got a "grail kit" from EvilBay...

P1010418.jpg

The Fujimi Enthusiast Stratos in 1:24. It's an interesting kit- Fujimi basically kitted this one up in the mid-90's using a lot of the old Ferrari Dino tooling for the drivetrain with new tooling for the rest. There is a photoetched fret included...

P1010423.jpg

So far, I have mixed feelings about this kit. It should go together pretty well, and the Dino parts are beautiful, but the Stratos-specific parts are pretty primitive by comparison. It definitely shows a dropoff in quality from the mid-80's to the mid 90's. Also, this kit does NOT build an authentic race/rally Stratos. the decals for the Chardonnet car are included, but this kit represents a factory-stock Stratos Stradale, and the Stratos door scripts are included on the decal sheet as well. I was aware of this going in, but I could see someone being disappointed. I'm happy about it, as I really wanted to build a Stradale. This will probably be my next project.

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...