Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Today was an unexpected haul. Showed up for the normal Saturday build at a LHS and since i was the first person there, another guy gave me a BUNCH of kits. this is probably the most i've ever picked up in one setting.

P3300001_zps9b13406b.jpg

in the list (if the pics don't show it)

NASCAR:

2005 and 2006 monte carlo Jeff Gordon

Kodak monte carlo

2005 Taurus DeWalt

John Deere Grand Prix Pontiac

Tide Lumina

Cigto Thunderbird

cars:

66 GTO "royal pontiac" missing the tiger driver, and started

67 chevelle pro street

41 willys

barris T buggy

Little Red Wagon

Dodge magnum SRT8

55 chevy bel air hard top

30 ford woody

59 impala lowrider

67 chevelle SS396

68 firebird 400

Fujimi Sprinter Trueno BZ-G

two isuzu 117 coupes (one is a commission build)

Trucks:

Chevy SSR

50 ford F-1

53 Ford F-100

50 chevy 3100

97 ford F-150 XLT

50 ford custom pickup

wheels:

two sets of aoshima wheels #139

other stuff:

woodlands scenic spray glue, and realistic water with spray bottle and snow for a diorama. (this was the only stuff i intended to purchase today)

IMG_3132-vi.jpg

I went to the local hobby shop for two things. A few pieces of bass wood for my Doodle Bug build and a few small drill bits to replace ones I've broken. As usual, I went a bit overboard. I did get Model Cars issue 175, and the photo above represents the $45 or so of Evergreen and basswood. I got several sizes of half round, same of angle irons, a pack of large channel to try to make a street rod chassis, a sheet of ribbed siding for my VW camper project. It adds up quick!

IMG_3134-vi.jpg

Now here's a good deal. Evergreen has a pack called 9002 Odds & Ends. It's 8 oz of misc sheets, strips, rounds, square hollow channel and all kinds of stuff that you wouldn't want to buy a full pack of, but will come in handy on a project. The entire pack was $7.85, which you can't beat since a single sheet of the V-Groove siding was $6.15 and there is half a sheet of it in this Odds & Ends pack.

IMG_3133-vi.jpg

So I left the store and stopped at the Burger King in the same parking lot. While eating it dawned on me... I never even looked at the drill bits! So it was back to the hobby shop, where I got another set of bits and an extra pin vise. There went another $24!

That's my big splurge on materials. It should keep me busy for a while!

And now I'm watching a bid on eBay... nothing exciting. My pool cover pump died and I'm bidding on another one at less than half what the local pool supply store wants for it.

Edited by Tom Geiger

Got some goodies in the mail:

1970 Chevelle Rebuilder:
100_0954_zps20da8806.jpg

Chevy Luv, Rebuilder:
100_0955_zps62237c75.jpg

Chevy Extreme, Builder:
100_0957_zps54763293.jpg

Version 1 0f 2 Street Fighter, 1960 delivery:
100_0958_zps6f52307e.jpg

Version 2:
100_0959_zps18f25773.jpg

Heard there were some issues with this kit, like the wheels don't fit under the body, mine has a dip on the right top side of the cab, easy fix:
100_0960_zpsf07310bd.jpg

NOW CAN YA SMELL WHAT THE SAW IS CUT'N?

Did all of that stuff come from Japan through HLJ? If so how long did it take?

It depends on what shipping method you use

SAL (cheapest) can take up to 18days- no tracking, in the past when I have used SAL, 14 days is what was common

EMS can take up to a week, they say 3-4 days, used it once, took about 6 days, sat in customs for most of that time

FedEx (expensive) 2-4 days

My last order I made from HLJ , I used FedEx, cost me $40 for four kits, my order was shipped out on Friday, and on Monday, FedEx was ringing my door bell

Well guess i've been away from here too long, I couldn't figure out how to put my text in the above post. Anyway, these are pics of my haul from the Cookville Tn. show, and the following week at the Birmingham Ala. show. Got some great deals and made lots of new friends. The 2 Ford trucks are rebuilders for me. My very first model ever was one of these trucks, which I still have the body of that one, I wanted to keep it as is, and rebuild one of these. I've priced these things for a very long time and they have just been out of reach for me. It was my lucky day as I snagged the green one for $5.00 !! Yes, only five !!! And the other one was given to me by a friend !! Karma smiled on me that day !!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

OOPS, guess I missed that. I need to pay attention more. :lol:

Yes the amt kit. I had one at home but had to order another one for the one for my son. That's one I don't have in yet. Also the tractor for the transporter is a Ford C900. I got that kit from my friend, that also gave me the unpainted ford truck. I'm getting another transporter from him for my son also. :rolleyes:

Edited by ffreak

I just can't bring myself to eat something with a face on it. :P

. I bought rabbit at the local supermarket just to taste it. My daughter was maybe 5 at the time, and someone asked her, "You ate rabbit?" She replied, "Yes, it was okay because they cut the faces off first"

I'be been doing a bit of Porsche hunting over the last week, managed to bag these nice specimens for the stash ... the older Porsche Boxster arrived, but was missing the chrome parts, so I got a part refund, hopefully I can get a replacement parts sprue from Tamiya, as it's the same parts as the laster 'Limited Edition' version

post-2058-0-59724600-1364815965_thumb.jp

post-2058-0-99185900-1364815976_thumb.jp

post-2058-0-13692700-1364815993_thumb.jp

post-2058-0-40045100-1364816042_thumb.jp

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...