Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

SPRAY CAN OF ALCLAD CHROME???? Where do you get that from? I need about three.Just to start with.

Yes, Alclad does do chrome in a spray can and it works very well. I got mine from Model King, Dave Burket, at our club meeting on Friday night. I believe he got the supply from Stevens Hobby, which is a distributor who supplies a lot of hobby shops across the country.

The Alclad spray can also be sprayed into a small cup and brushed onto small parts. I've used it on door handles and scripts and it looks as good as real kit chrome.

I purchased a '70 Challenger flat hood, '69 MPC Coronet flat hood , '71 Duster and '70 Coronet bench seats from Hart's Resins......Nice stuff.....But it does need a few pinholes filled in ...The Coronet hood was bought for a future '69 Coronet 500 project....I just have to cut the R/T scoops off the body and blend in the same areas from the Revell/MONOGRAM '69 Super Bee.....Then add to proper trim for the 500, I've only owned the Coronet for fifteen years, About time to build the car.

Most recent arrivals or enroute purchases

Heller HISPANO-SUIZA K6

1933 Cadillac Town Cabriolet Testors/Italeri

HISPANO-SUIZA_HELLER.jpg

1933_Cadillac_Town_Cabriolet.jpg

I'd love to find one of those Cadillacs. Love the looks of it. How is the kit, quality wise?

Later-

Edited by Modlbldr

I'd love to find one of those Cadillacs. Love the looks of it. How is the kit, quality wise?

Later-

Don't know yet. It should be here the 1st of the week .

The Hispana Suiza kit arrived a few weeks ago. It looks real cool, and huge compared to my usual 1/25 th scale subjects. I have a couple different Chrys kits and another early 30's cadillac as well. These will be for much later on

Well my shipment arrived today from hobby lobby ( I wished I had more money to spend becouse they had a awesome sell for St. Patricks day. only .!7 cents for shipping plus 40% off

They have free shipping for orders over $40 this week, and the 40% off one regular priced item seems to be a permanent thing now, too.

Well I broke my never spending over $30 for a kit.. one of the other things that got ruined when the cat tipped over the stash and the wife swinging the door open too hard to see what happend. the the camper of this kit... I paid $40 for this new sealed ( it was the cheapest I could find even GMS wanted over $50 for it. ) it just came in the mail..

DSC_0236_zps67b1ec5a.jpg

Third guy in, top row in the blue shirt is the owner of one of my LHS I go to at least once a week...Alex. Casey should know him too.

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...