Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Got some great "Loot" today. First went to Advance Auto Parts and picked up a BUNCH of Duplicolor paints that were on Sale - 2 for 1 - 10 colors, and 3 cans of clear and 5 cans of Primer, red, white, black and gray. Then went to Michaels and got a new sprue cutter, a pkg. of 4 new tweezers, a spool of black wire for spark plugs, a black and a silver fine point Sharpie, and a pkg. of chrome, round sequins to use for mirror faces, I didn't see any models there that I wanted or needed, but I met another retired guy who WAS shopping for models. He said that he's got about 120 kits at home to build. Sounds like the rest of us. Then I stopped at Jo-Anns and got 2 yards of 1/8" black ribbon for seat belts. I'm pretty well stocked up for awhile now. A GOOD shopping day...!!!

TODAYSLOOT1024x744_zpsad1f8a62.jpg

Edited by Ramfins59

Got some nice people with a print shop to make me this

FA788636-119E-4D49-9170-59F011B64846-420

This came out a magazine and it is the car on the box of the brock buster datsun 510. Same lady with those hot high waisted pants. Hubba hubba. It is around 24x30

Going to get it framed and up it in my movie room

Very nice. I have a friend who owns a small print shop,Think I need to do something similar.

Very nice. I have a friend who owns a small print shop,Think I need to do something similar.

The Staples stores that have print shops can do something similar. When my father in law died, we got several old family photos blown up and put on foam board to display at the wake. Turn around was same day / overnight and cost was reasonable.

Nothing model related. Spent yesterday afternoon with my wife and stepdaughter downtown at the auto show. Picked up some light reading and thinking to do with the hopes of figuring out what I'd like to possibly purchase later sometime this year. IMG_3578_zpsa23eafac.jpg What to do, what to do.

After three trips to two Michaels (3 - 50 % off coupons) and one trip to AC Moore (1 - 40% off coupon), here is what I came home with today:

Revel's '70 Dodge Challenger T/A

Revel's '69 Dodge Charger R/T

Revel's '71 Plymouth HEMI Cuda

Monogram's '57 Chevy Nomad

A great deal considering it was $45.00 and would have been just short of $100.00 for the four of them without the coupons.

I understand that this isn't exciting for some, lol. But I've been out of the hobby so long that this excites me!!! Now I have a bit of small stock pile.

Edited by pa3de8

Goes to a model show wearing Mopar racing shirt, buys Mopar 1:1 parts and a Mopar kit, mission successful. I was actually able to depress one of the valve springs fairly easily, so I think I'll be alright.

GEDC4780_zpsce465e17.jpg

1971 340 J Code heads will be hot tanked and disassembled then sent to my machinist who will Magnuflux them among other things. Couldn't resist the '69 GTX for $7 Sealed inside.

Nick

Goes to a model show wearing Mopar racing shirt, buys Mopar 1:1 parts and a Mopar kit, mission successful. I was actually able to depress one of the valve springs fairly easily, so I think I'll be alright.

GEDC4780_zpsce465e17.jpg

1971 340 J Code heads will be hot tanked and disassembled then sent to my machinist who will Magnuflux them among other things. Couldn't resist the '69 GTX for $7 Sealed inside.

Nick

That's a good score! I have a set of J heads on my Duster, they flow pretty good! I recently found a 340 left at a local machine shop over 2 years ago and the guy never came back, i might be able to get it for almost nothing very soon!

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...