Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

The AMT 57 TBird has all the custom parts and decent chrome and I got it at a good price. The two resin customs were done by RMR and are very good quality. The Tbird version is an “interpretation” of the Italien custom car. I’m debating whether to replicate that or do a unique custom.

DSCF2857_zps40fc8aea.jpg

Bob’s paints had several new colors there that I decided would look good at some upcoming builds. The Brandywine may see itself on the RoG Ferrari SA Aperta rather than use a Ferrari color. Ferrari’s can be custom painted and I think the Aperta can benefit from this color. However, there is still time to make another color choice.

DSCF2858_zps34a98b51.jpg

I went into Michaels this past week with both a 50% and a 40% off coupon. I don't really need any more kits, but I look anyway. I could use a second '50 Olds but they didn't have any. All the kits marked "Clearance" on the shelf were cleaned out so someone around here is buying models. When that happens I buy one supply item like a bottle of Zap-a-gap glue or this week, Testors Dullcote at half price. I saw a lady buying a $50 cutting board for scrap booking, so I gave her the 40% off coupon. She was very happy. Kinda made my day to do that.

What's with the ignition wire from England, Joshua? They make something special?

Maybe it's a replica of Lucas wiring, but does it have in-scale wiring smoke?

http://www3.telus.net/bc_triumph_registry/smoke.htm

Pretty funny reading on Lucas wiring...http://www.peizhang.com/forfun/forfun_writings_smoke.htm

Edited by Rob Hall

Not today...but i did get the replacement tires for my snap pete kit!...wow they are reallllyyyyy niceee!!!!...

also got my order in for the one number 18 decal (stars on passenger side hood) in but they ended up sending me a whole new sheet even though i just asked for that decal?...WAY TO GO REVELL!...WHY DO I NEED ANOTHER SHEET JUST FOR ONE DECAL?? :blink:

Not today...but i did get the replacement tires for my snap pete kit!...wow they are reallllyyyyy niceee!!!!...

also got my order in for the one number 18 decal (stars on passenger side hood) in but they ended up sending me a whole new sheet even though i just asked for that decal?...WAY TO GO REVELL!...WHY DO I NEED ANOTHER SHEET JUST FOR ONE DECAL?? :blink:

Well I suspect having a decal sheet with just one decal missing off of it, in hope it could be chopped apart to fill potential replacement orders in the future is just as "wasteful" as sending you an entire new sheet.

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...