Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Hi everybody!! I've been building for 30+ years on and off..I'm not a rich dude so I try to save money when it comes to this hobby, Cause bigbox stores have no sellection on kits and hobby stores charge to much, So I'm allways looking for a cheaper source for models, So I have found that my wife and I go every saturday and find garage sales, lawn sales, estate sale, moving sales, And flea markets, and the odd car show/swap meet.

This is the most recent find 15 models allready built for $12.00 dollars..:)

Cheers

Chris

post-8429-0-26575000-1316027614_thumb.jp

I got a Revell 68 Firebird a couple months ago with open box and all bagged parts, at a yard sale for $2...with no negotiating to boot! :D ...and I think Harry, Gregg, or Romell may want to move this to general or somewhere.

Edited by Skydime

Well gang, this is proof that it good to mention your hobbies to your coworkers now and again. I just traded three good throwing knives for the below kits. All but the Superbird are opened, a part missing here and there, and a few pieces painted. All in all I did pretty well when you consider I'd spend $16 bucks per throwing knife. Not sure what I'm going to do with them yet, but I'll think of something I'm sure.

2011-09-16151725.jpg

Tonio, those K&S cutters have varying quality. I have one from 20+ years ago that I continue to use to this day. Its worked perfectly the entire time. Well I went ahead and bought a spare about a year or so ago just to have on hand and let me tell you the new one is a piece of junk. It just sits on my modeling desk collecting dust. I also have a very small one from the hardware store as Dave mentions which works very well. Perhaps yours is a "good" one ... lol, no telling until you try it.

I recieved these as part of a trade in the mail today! Both are dated 1970!

I owned the 1:1 versions of these bikes back in the day! B)

HPIM0826.jpg

Edited by Johnny

I was at my LHS today and picked up some more Devcon 5 minute epoxy and some aluminum tubing. Trying not to buy anymore model kits as I'm sure that I'll be picking some up in three week at the Toledo (Sylvania) Show, whether I want to or not as some of those kits draw me in like a magnet and just SCREAM buy me, buy me!

Today arrived what must be the crowning piece of my 1:20 scale collection.

It is a Mitsubishi Fuso "Dekotora". This is what the Japanese call their highly decoreated lorries.

This one is modelled after a truck used in a Japanese TV series.

pic015.jpg

Box open:

pic017.jpg

Flat panels of the body and the huge decal sheets removed:

pic018.jpg

The two red carton covers removed:

pic019.jpg

The rest of the parts:

pic020.jpg

Awesome news, I got my LHS to order a couple for me.. :D

I got a Aoshima Skyline today..

0916111723.jpg

That's a rare Seibu Keisatsu "Machine RS"! Seibu Keisatsu is a science-fiction/police TV series in Japan. There are several different Machine RSes, all Skylines. Each carries different special 'future' crime fighting equipment.

Edited by Junkman

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...