Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

I was at the DuPage Swap Meet in Wheaton, Illinois today and it was a great show, great guys, and great food as we stopped at the Tilted Kilt for some chow afterwards. I picked up the new Hudson kit for a friend of mine and a re-issue of Monograms '30 Ford Coupe for myself. I had to curb my spending as I'll be in Toledo in two weeks.

I bought several more kits from a collection today. I think I got a good deal for some hard to find kits. Slowly I am getting the kits that I have always wanted.

IMG_20110923_105717.jpg

IMG_20110923_105659.jpg

Really nice haul would you be interested and trading the Pinto funny car or selling it? Got one off ebay and the only that is good is the body.

John Pol

I actually got these last week, I've just been (too to two) busy to post about it. A few weeks ago, I finally broke down and ordered some actual BMF from MicroMark. I bought (four for fore) of them because something just felt wrong about paying more for shipping than for the item itself.

293522_272268876128544_100000363005661_1038827_2138041579_n.jpg

One day last week, I stopped at my LHS just to see what they had on the shelves and found the PL Glue-Bat! When I got home and checked the mail the BMF was waiting for me! Woo-Hoo!

David G.

I love seeing all the odd kits here!

I haven't shown these that have come over the last 6 months, but The HUDSON came today!

Hudsonboxplus_DSC0224.jpg

The '66 Fairlane and '65 Bonneville I got just to use hubcaps from each to make a set of '67 LaMans caps! :)

The '56 Chevy will become my Uncle's car that I got my drivers license in.

The Porsche 356 is a base for the 55 Speedster I want to build. I have the 356A Convertible also. What a magnificent engine! . and kit!

The CheZoom I never had and a deal convinced me I'll have some use for the roof somewhere down the line.

I always lover the roof chrome on the '56 Vicky.

The Outlaw I had to have just because I had the original as a kid.

The 2CV ... what CAN be said! :lol:

Edited by Foxer

didn't exactly get anything, but I did finally find something I thought I had lost..

i've been hoarding the revell Integra Type R "Type R" wheels...I originally had 1 set, and I lost one of those, so I managed to find 2 other complete sets from a friend and a swap meet.

last night I going thru my boxes (getting my stash of wheels in one place) and I found the 4th one! so now I have 3 sets! (they look good on pro-touring projects with a lip added to them)

While shopping at one of our local Michaels stores yesterday, I spotted a Revell Ferrari 360 Modena Spyder in the clearance aisle....as usual I really didn't need it, but you all know how that goes....it was tagged at $5.99, so picking it up was easily justified. When we headed to the register with all of our purchases, the model rang up at $3.99. :D

While shopping at one of our local Michaels stores yesterday, I spotted a Revell Ferrari 360 Modena Spyder in the clearance aisle....as usual I really didn't need it, but you all know how that goes....it was tagged at $5.99, so picking it up was easily justified. When we headed to the register with all of our purchases, the model rang up at $3.99. :D

I wonder if the engine would fit in a bug? :P

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...