Model Cars Magazine Forum

'40 Ford

cruz

Gotta say the article on the Willys you wrote on paint is helping me out a lot, I have learned a few neat tricks just by reading it. I am amazed at how well the BMF looks on this build, looks real shiny and clean. What paint do you use for the black around the windows? The rear one turned out so good. Definitely would make another great cover shot for the mag!

Gotta say the article on the Willys you wrote on paint is helping me out a lot, I have learned a few neat tricks just by reading it. I am amazed at how well the BMF looks on this build, looks real shiny and clean. What paint do you use for the black around the windows? The rear one turned out so good. Definitely would make another great cover shot for the mag!

Thanks for the replies fellas, I surely appreciate them very much. Kevin, I like to use Engine Black from the Polly Scale line of acrylic paints to paint my window trim. It goes on smooth and pretty much levels itself. Also, capillary action helps for the back window on this one, didn't even have to mask it! :rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Marcos what '40 Ford kit is this model based on? I'm a little surprised to kit you built is a "Standard" model rather than a "Deluxe". I don't know much about the '40 Ford coupe kits out there. I do know AMT's '40 Ford sedan delivery sports the Deluxe front end. So I'm a bit surprise to see the Standard front end on a coupe. Please tell me more about this build.

By the way, like the others, I'm very impressed with the work you've done on the kit. I'm just curious about the story of why its a Standard and not a Deluxe?

Scott