Model Cars Magazine Forum

Coming soon to a theater near you.

As much as I want to see this, I just know they are going to over dramatize everything! They can't make any movie anymore without dumping in extreme amounts of drama that ruins the story line! Just tell the story like it happened! I don't need to know that his sister is dying of a disease, the bank is about to take his home, how bad of a drinking problem he has, etc. etc.!

I read about this on IMDB about a year ago and was hoping it would date back into the top fuel days of the late 60s when this all started. Even though I was in Ohio, I couldn't wait to get the newest issues of National Dragster to follow the California scene. Even slipped into the seat of a dragster at a Detroit car show to flash that V for Victory thing to my camera friend. Those were the days.

Dale

I might see "Rush" only because Ron Howard is the director. I just read something about "Rush" in Auto Week magazine. At the premier showing with several drivers and Bernie Ecclestone gave it a thumbs-up. Remember Ron Howard did the movie on Apolo 13. As for the other one, I don't think I'll even bother with Netflix on that.

cant wait for both movies, rush and the snake and mongoose,

Yes, this one might be a turd, but it might not, also, its a feature film about DRAG RACING. a major gamble for any producer/film company to be sure, so, if this one tanks...what are the odds of another, better movie about drag racing ever getting made?

I think the problem here is budget. It is a low buck production from what I have seen . Most of the cars in the movie are straight out of collections and museums and from what I can see, not many regular type racers around. You know, like the stuff you really see at the drags! Even More American Graffiti had regular filler cars in the track racing scenes.

A big budget movie should be done about someone like Jungle Jim, The Surfers and Garlits. Like when Garlits first came out to the West Coast and had his butt handed to him and how he learned from it.

We can hope that they do not give up on it.

Most of the cars in the movie are straight out of collections and museums and from what I can see, not many regular type racers around. You know, like the stuff you really see at the drags! Even More American Graffiti had regular filler cars in the track racing scenes.

Lots of "Museum cars" in this flick : 220px-Worlds_fastest_indian.jpg

• 5 months later...

The only even sort-of names in Snake & Mongoose are Fred Dryer (loved him in Hunter) and Noah Wylie (has he even done anything since ER?)

I might rent it for something different- I don't watch a lot of movies because I haven't the time to and I like to watch them with someone usually, but that doesn't happen, and none of my friends are into cars like I am, so...

Charlie Larkin

I heard that...looking forward to seeing them...probably going to go on Friday and Saturday...

They looked good on tv. There was a preshow special on nbc sports Saturday. Don Prudhomme was involved with tracking them down (the haulers at least) and restoring them I believe. Said they went to semis and sold the haulers off. And they were in yards/feilds abandoned/neglected over the past 30 years. Also interesting was the haulers were trade ins from sox&martin and Richard Petty.