Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Take-A-Turn Torino Project

Casey

Did we ever talk about what color the exterior mirrors would be? I found them in a baggie in the box, unpainted. Every reference pic I looked at shows them being body color.

I don't think so, but I agree on body colored, if that's still an option.

Fred, any update on the stuff you have shipping to Ron?

Interior looks great, Jeff. Beautiful work. :wub:

Really nice looking interior Jeff! The gloss, or lack of, is spot on.

Too bad about the mirrors. If something can't be mixed up to match alclad/metallizer wouldn't kill it.

I wonder if it's possible to get it back to WI, or Casey, for the NNL show. I'd love to see it again, complete.

Thanks for the nice comments guys! I'm happy with the interior, I think it'll look nice with the bright blue exterior B)

Billy is going to send me some paint, so I'll fix the hood and paint the mirrors. Thanks Billy :)

I'll get with Ron and go ahead and send everything but the hood and mirrors to him. The mirrors would be in the way of foiling the side window frames anyway...

Sorry this has taken so long on my part, 'life' has been getting in the way lately...

Thanks for the nice comments guys! I'm happy with the interior, I think it'll look nice with the bright blue exterior B)

Billy is going to send me some paint, so I'll fix the hood and paint the mirrors. Thanks Billy :)

I'll get with Ron and go ahead and send everything but the hood and mirrors to him. The mirrors would be in the way of foiling the side window frames anyway...

Sorry this has taken so long on my part, 'life' has been getting in the way lately...

Jeff, you might as well wait until you get the paint from Billy and send everything together. I still haven't heard from Fred about the engine.

Was the engine shipped?

No, and he isn't reading nor responding my PMs, so at this point we'll have to assume what Fred has is not going to be sent to Ron. Jeff has generously donated the engine from the second kit he picked up, so we'll be back on track very soon. No big deal, I expected a hiccup or two, so we'll just keep moving forward. :)

We should start discussing what we want to do with the completed model, too, so everyone involved please feel free to offer up your suggestions.

I feel bad for all of you who put so much effort into this build, only to have it knocked off the rails by another "Snowballer". People like that are the reason I will never join a group build. Casey, thanks for trying to salvage this; too many responsible people did their part to let it die of abandonment. Best of luck to the remaining builders - this is one of the few group builds that I've ever been excited to follow, and I hope to see it finished soon. The work you put into this deserves to be seen in completed form.

I talked to Billy today, I'm sending him the hood and mirrors for paint. Since he did a GREAT job on everything so far, I don't want to take the chance with a non-match color-wise...

Ron, can I send everything else to you now?

As far as the finished model, we could auction it for a charity, or donate to the Model Car museum, or to Casey... ;)

I talked to Billy today, I'm sending him the hood and mirrors for paint. Since he did a GREAT job on everything so far, I don't want to take the chance with a non-match color-wise...

Ron, can I send everything else to you now?

As far as the finished model, we could auction it for a charity, or donate to the Model Car museum, or to Casey... ;)

Yeah, I guess if you are sending those parts to Billy you might as well send the others to me at the same time.

The engine parts from Jeff have arrived, so I'll get working on the engine tonight. :)

I was thinking we could auction the finished model off, then use the proceeds (if any :lol::P) to purchase some kits for Toys for Tots or similar. Thoughts?

OK, again I apologize for my having this so long...

I got the remaining underhood parts prepped and painted. Assembled the core support and associated parts, and glued on the washer bottle and horns to driver's side apron.

Ron, this will be in the morning mail to you.

Have fun! B)

The engine is done. Do you still want it. I have been away and checking in remotely. Sorry for any confusion. All messages from Casey as to Where it has to be sent were deleted by him so I'm lost. Truly sorry for the delay

I will send it to whoever needs it as it does not belong to me and I don't want to be "that guy".

Edited by freakshow12

The Torino (well, most of it) arrived today. Jeff did a great job of packing it and there was no damage. He also did a great job on the interior, the basswood inserts fit perfect and look much better than the decals included in the kit. The paint work by Billy is incredible and really needs to be seen in person. I can't wait to get the hood and mirrors from him. The chassis is flawless thanks to Carlos, and Andrew must have done a good job with the parts prep cause I can't find any mold seams on any parts I've looked over. I'm hoping the engine will be here in soon so this whole thing can come together. Here are a couple mock up pics before I start foiling and final assembly.

540_zpsfk7h10kb.jpg

542_zps31lzezqz.jpg

I'll start on the BMF tomorrow.

Here it is. It does exist. I have it in the box and it's ready to go tmo morning to Ron. I have PM'ed you Ron as I have a part question as well. Sorry again for the delay guys. I feel bad, but I hope you like the engine. I'm also happy to see the chassis went together just how I mocked it up. Stance is killer, paint is killer, interior is killer. I wanna buy this thing!!

F9EB8BBB-2A49-4539-A782-3EC7C5AFBB75_zpslg30njfa.jpg

Couple more

22164658-5AC7-4260-9556-1132B01F9DEA_zpsfmxv3bsa.jpg

5E64AEFF-09D9-4673-B984-DA42321C0E8E_zpsseszfbhe.jpg