Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Irked You Today?

LokisTyro

Here in Holland and Belgium, police is playing with these stupid drones...

they are breaking laws of privacy BUT if you hurt the stupid machine you can pay 30.000 (!) for something you've done to protect your and others privacy...

My dad is just going to shoot them when their above our garden.:D

A farmer did and he got charged for destroying police stuff.

He thought it was an UFO. :D

And what do you mean with "Playing"? I know that those buggers are legal, as long as you submit a flight plan, and notify the owner of the property/land you're going to fly above. If they're "playing" with them, they're breaking the law since they have to have permission to fly above your property. But if they're working on a case which may or may not involve narcotics, they're allowed to use them. The main difference is that the police ones have some kind of sensor which picks up unusual heat spots on roofs or somewhere else. Ofcourse, it's still strange that they have the privilege to do as they please...

Lucas.

Ok, this happens about once a year here in SoCal and I have to believe it also happens elsewhere. Several of the fast food places, Starbucks in particular keep very nicely trimmed plants and shrubs on their property. To provide a break between the outdoor seating area and the drive through, they line the drive through with boxwood. Beautiful stuff! Looks very nice, but it is spring and in bloom. Guess what? The bees love the stuff. You rollup to the speaker to place your order and you don't dare roll the window down because of the thousands of bees going for the boxwoods! Great thinking guys! Couldn't you get a nonflowering hedge?? :huh:

My hard drive on new laptop that I have had for about 5 weeks total crash! Took it to where I bought it and it will cost me to have all of the operating software reloaded. I haven't purchased a computer in like 3 year and they use to come with a recovery disc. Apparently not with H.P. Now I have to do the whole thing of downloading a bunch of software YADA YADA.

I'm going to call H.P. tomorrow as I think I'm getting hosed

My hard drive on new laptop that I have had for about 5 weeks total crash! Took it to where I bought it and it will cost me to have all of the operating software reloaded. I haven't purchased a computer in like 3 year and they use to come with a recovery disc. Apparently not with H.P. Now I have to do the whole thing of downloading a bunch of software YADA YADA.

you may be able to purchase a recovery CD from HP that will only work with your model of laptop, I have done that before when I got a used laptop from an owner that lost items that came with the laptop. The benefit of this is that all the correct software for your laptop will have been loaded from the proprietary HP recovery disk, but you will then have to clean the crapware back off your laptop. ;)

most system makers these days create a "recovery partition" on the hard drive so the end user can "start over" after infecting their computer...that doesn't help much when the hard drive actually goes bad as you well know.

no warranty on this? that's some questionable customer service.

And what do you mean with "Playing"? I know that those buggers are legal, as long as you submit a flight plan, and notify the owner of the property/land you're going to fly above. If they're "playing" with them, they're breaking the law since they have to have permission to fly above your property. But if they're working on a case which may or may not involve narcotics, they're allowed to use them. The main difference is that the police ones have some kind of sensor which picks up unusual heat spots on roofs or somewhere else. Ofcourse, it's still strange that they have the privilege to do as they please...

Lucas.

They weren't doing anything official when the farmer shot it.

He was not attended because thought it was a UFO.

According to a newsarticle. ;)

Edited by FullPowerGarage

so ..... he was going to take down a UFO with his shootin' iron?

and set off Armageddon?? Everyone knows the aliens would send one ship to make contact and let us know they come in peace... shoot that one down and they destroy the planet! Isn't it great to know our future is in the hands of the lowest denominator! :lol:

I knocked over an open bottle of Bondene liquid cement. Of course I would knock it over when the bottle is open instead of closed... :rolleyes:

When I build, I keep my scratchbuilding materials (aluminum and brass tube, Plastruct and Evergreen styrene tube, rod, etc. laying out where it's handy and right in reach.

So not only did I lose most of a new bottle of liquid cement, but the spill literally fused all of my styrene scratchbuilding materials to my cutting mat! All ruined. I don't even want to know the amount of $$$ I lost in styrene... :(

I knocked over an open bottle of Bondene liquid cement. Of course I would knock it over when the bottle is open instead of closed... :rolleyes:

When I build, I keep my scratchbuilding materials (aluminum and brass tube, Plastruct and Evergreen styrene tube, rod, etc. laying out where it's handy and right in reach.

So not only did I lose most of a new bottle of liquid cement, but the spill literally fused all of my styrene scratchbuilding materials to my cutting mat! All ruined. I don't even want to know the amount of $$$ I lost in styrene... :(

That generally only happens once!

We found this clamp-y thing in Walmart once. Goes around a light fixture, has LEDs on the bottom so you can read better under it, I guess. Thing never worked, so we use it instead for the liquid cement bottles. It's bigger than a hockey puck, and it won't tip over. If you can't find one, maybe a block of wood with a hole drilled in it, two-part epoxy the bottle in.

After doing much the same thing twice in about as many years, i started putting my bottle of liquid cement in a heavy old ceramic coffee mug that had the handle broken off. Took a while to train myself to always put the bottle back in the cup, but I haven't inadvertently knocked it over now for several years.

After doing much the same thing twice in about as many years, i started putting my bottle of liquid cement in a heavy old ceramic coffee mug that had the handle broken off. Took a while to train myself to always put the bottle back in the cup, but I haven't inadvertently knocked it over now for several years.

That's a good idea. B)