Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Irked You Today?

LokisTyro

Yesterday actually. Went to see the movie about Adolph Eichman's capture at a very nice theatre with assigned seating. I am getting used to classless people coming in after the theatre is dark and the previews start, but it was especially bad yesterday. And it was all old people! We are 58, but these people were all at least 70, and most couldn't see in the dark to find their seats. Of course, out came the cell phone flashlights. A couple came in after the movie itself started. :angry:

8 minutes ago, Rodent said:

Yesterday actually. Went to see the movie about Adolph Eichman's capture at a very nice theatre with assigned seating. I am getting used to classless people coming in after the theatre is dark and the previews start, but it was especially bad yesterday. And it was all old people! We are 58, but these people were all at least 70, and most couldn't see in the dark to find their seats. Of course, out came the cell phone flashlights. A couple came in after the movie itself started. :angry:

The ones I hate are the ones that would rather talk on the phone telling some all about what we were all trying to watch.  

Not today but a few days ago.
That a doctor told me what the problems with my hands are.
They shake whenever i try to do something that requres small fine movements such as building models or using a screwdriver to release or tighten a screw.

Apparently i have esential tremor (a neurological disorder)
It usually gets passed along in the family but no side of my family has it so i am one of the "few lucky ones" that gets it for no known reason.
Feels (something that would get me banned if i wrote it) that i am not even 30 years old yet and being told that i need to take medications for the rest of my life to keep it under control.
It will only get worse with age and there is no cure for it...

37 minutes ago, PierreR89 said:

Not today but a few days ago.
That a doctor told me what the problems with my hands are.
They shake whenever i try to do something that requres small fine movements such as building models or using a screwdriver to release or tighten a screw.

Apparently i have esential tremor (a neurological disorder)
It usually gets passed along in the family but no side of my family has it so i am one of the "few lucky ones" that gets it for no known reason.
Feels (something that would get me banned if i wrote it) that i am not even 30 years old yet and being told that i need to take medications for the rest of my life to keep it under control.
It will only get worse with age and there is no cure for it...

At least you have a treatment for it. Not as bad as it could have been.

3 hours ago, espo said:

The ones I hate are the ones that would rather talk on the phone telling some all about what we were all trying to watch.  

Don't really see that around here. Last minute Facebookers and texters, but not voice. We love to blame millennials for everything rude and classless, but yesterday showed that some early baby boomers have forgotten how to behave in public. After the movie, we went grocery shopping. There was a late 60s couple that used a walker and a shopping cart to block all access to the heirloom tomatoes as they were squeezing all of them. No clue that there was anyone else on the planet that wanted to buy tomatoes.

48 minutes ago, Rodent said:

Don't really see that around here. Last minute Facebookers and texters, but not voice. We love to blame millennials for everything rude and classless, but yesterday showed that some early baby boomers have forgotten how to behave in public. After the movie, we went grocery shopping. There was a late 60s couple that used a walker and a shopping cart to block all access to the heirloom tomatoes as they were squeezing all of them. No clue that there was anyone else on the planet that wanted to buy tomatoes.

Relax as you may get older some day too. Not everyone does, so it's a privilege.

10 hours ago, NYLIBUD said:

My heater core on my Jeep took a dump.Lots of anti freeze/coolant coming out.And to fix it,they are going to have to remove my dashboard to replace it.Arrrrggggg:(

Be thankful it's not December. I also hate how hard the manufactures have made it to work on our cars. Had a water pump let go on our '10 Charger. I thought no problem I have always been able to do water pumps with my eyes closed.  First off the pump can't even be seen, and the belt tensioner imposable to move. I had to surrender and pay the dealer $700 to get it fixed. 

19 hours ago, NYLIBUD said:

My heater core on my Jeep took a dump.Lots of anti freeze/coolant coming out.And to fix it,they are going to have to remove my dashboard to replace it.Arrrrggggg:(

Yup,  I gave away my Plymouth Breeze to my nephew as his first car because the A/C evaporator went on it (same deal, remove dashboard / replace both heater core and evaporator because you have it out)..  I bought a PT Cruiser to replace it... guess what went?  Heater core!  So $1200 later I have a new heater core and evaporator in this one! 

Yea I'm preparing myself for a large car bill.I Haven't really had one on my 2000 XJ Cherokee.I've had it for about 5 years,and very little has ever went wrong with it.I Love the XJs.Mines lifted 6,1/2 inches,riding on 35sx12.5..The best little truck ever built in my opinion,except for the old Toyota FJs,land cruisers,Gotta get one of those..Anyway,I may have a friend who says he might want to put it in,but I'm nervous about him doing the job and not a shop.My friends like a freelance mechanic.He knows his stuff,definitely better than me.But the core replacement is a BIG job,on any car.I wouldn't do it.Well I'm gonna order the stuff,and see what happens.So much fun:D

1 hour ago, NYLIBUD said:

Well it didn't " irk" me,but the other day I wrote a thread about President Trump,but now it's been deleted,and is gone,goodbye.I guess NO politics in any of these forums.Ok,sorry about that. 

Yup. Two of the big no-no's on here. No politics, no religious posts. Just going to start a fight no matter how well intentioned the original post is. Nobody will be right and nobody will be wrong.

The sole function of the forum is to provide an environment for exchanging information about model cars and trucks. For me this is an oasis so that I can avoid the craziness of the world today. There are plenty of other venues for other topics. Facebook and Twitter are open forums for all topics including religion and politics. 

Yeah, as a mod, I can see the "deleted" threads. No matter how well intentioned you may be, or how you try to keep politics out of it, you simply cannot have a thread about a world leader without it getting heated. Especially if that thread is about you know who.

Someone will eventually post something, and someone will counter, and pretty soon, it's a complete cluster, people are angry, we've locked/deleted a thread, and then people will gripe about that. 

There's just no way. 

:)

1 hour ago, NYLIBUD said:

The passing of an American movie icon,Burt Reynolds passed away this afternoon.He was 82.He was the one and only,Bandit,and he will be missed.RIP Bandit.

I very seldom ever post her but with the passing of Burt Reynolds makes me very sad i really care for people and many i never met....

An 8mm bolt yesterday.  I needed to replace the battery tray on my '08 Mustang . Ordered the tray online but they don't provide attaching hardware, which is only three 8mm bolts.  Replacement should be simple, right? 

Anyone who's ever worked on a car knows what happened next.  2 bolts came right out like they should.  That's just to sucker you in, and give you a false sense of security. The third bolt froze, and no combination of sockets/wrenches/lube/profanity would move it.  I finally got it out with the Redneck Universal Tool & Emergency Steering Wheel - Vise-Grips.

When you're having a conversation, and you talk about your own personal experiences, and then someone pipes in to explain how you're wrong.

Wait a sec...I'm wrong? I'm telling you exctly what happened to me - my actual experience with something, and you're telling me that I am incorrect? 

Especially when their arguement is that they have experienced it differently.

The next thing I typically think and sometimes say cannot be repeated in this forum. ;)