Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Irked You Today?

LokisTyro

43 minutes ago, 1930fordpickup said:

Prayers for you Mike. You have your hands full. Visiting Angels are not bad here. If you can afford it for your sanity. 

My father only had a stroke and he was bad enough. When watching him he would make noise like a toddler when walking or qhat ever he was doing. Leave the room and just like a toddler he would zip like greased lightning down the basement steps to put wood in the wood stove. Keep in your head the house had a basement dug after the house was built in the 1800's.  The steps were steep not standard size and rather short for your feet. Most adults refuses ro go up and down them. 

Thank you Andy for the prayers. It is greatly appreciated. 

At this time dad is home and in the what hospice calls days to hours. This is the start of day 3.. The goal is to keep him sedated and comfortable, It's only a matter of time till he's ready to let go. This by far is the toughest part of the journey I've had deal with to date in this 13 month long episode in our lives together..😢

Edited by A modeler named mike
Added information

16 hours ago, A modeler named mike said:

Thank you Andy for the prayers. It is greatly appreciated. 

At this time dad is home and in the what hospice calls days to hours. This is the start of day 3.. The goal is to keep him sedated and comfortable, It's only a matter of time till he's ready to let go. This by far is the toughest part of the journey I've had deal with to date in this 13 month long episode in our lives together..😢

Thoughts and prayers with you and your family.  I lost my father six years ago to this horrible disease after he spent the last two years of his life in a nursing home after he couldn't live alone.  The things that come out of their mouth will shock you.

Be sure to take care of yourself!!  I can look in the mirror today and see how that aged me.  

2 hours ago, HomerS said:

Thoughts and prayers with you and your family.  I lost my father six years ago to this horrible disease after he spent the last two years of his life in a nursing home after he couldn't live alone.  The things that come out of their mouth will shock you.

Be sure to take care of yourself!!  I can look in the mirror today and see how that aged me.  

Thanks Jeff.. Sorry for your loss of your Dad. It really sucks to watch the decline of a love one. Definitely trying times.

5 hours ago, HomerS said:

Sorry for your loss..

1 hour ago, A modeler named mike said:

Thanks Jeff.. Sorry for your loss of your Dad. It really sucks to watch the decline of a love one. Definitely trying times.

I have a good friend who is caring for his wife. What they say and act is not them I have Been told

4 hours ago, slusher said:

Sorry for your loss..

I have a good friend who is caring for his wife. What they say and act is not them I have Been told

Thank you Carl. It's a horrible disease to witness. Two days ago he was in terminal restlessness and was delusional. He declined very rapidly in these last few days. 

We have an unknown neighbor who has put their dog droppings in our empty trash bin outside. I do appreciate that the take the time to put the dog's leavings in a plastic zip lock instead of leaving it on someone's yard. The problem in this case is that they put in our roll out bin after the trash had been picked up and before I could roll it back into our garage. In this case there was enough moisture on the bottom of the dumpster along with whatever else may have been on the zip lock. Didn't realize that there was a pile in the dumpster until mid-week when I was putting some trash in the dumpster that was starting smell really bad. Put the dumpster out with the trash the second week but the zip lock stayed stuck to the bottom of the bin. I was able to get it free from inside the dumpster and put inside another bigger better secured zip lock and the stench is almost gone, but the source is still in the dumpster until next week when they pick up the trash. Now why wouldn't someone who is picking up after their dog put this in their own dumpster instead of ours knowing that the trash had already been picked up? 

18 minutes ago, espo said:

...Now why wouldn't someone who is picking up after their dog put this in their own dumpster instead of ours knowing that the trash had already been picked up? 

Because that would require either 1) taking personal responsibility, or 2) thinking. 

• Like 1

Today would have been my mom's 85th birthday.....had she taken her blood pressure meds instead of just chucking them in the dresser drawer.  It's really a bad subject this year as she would have been around for the birth of her first great grandchild this past November.  Everyone in her mom's family lived well into their 90's and dad's family lived into their 90's.  She was beyond annoying when I was dating about wanting a grandchild to the point I repeatedly asked her to stop!  She eventually did get two grandsons and was good to both of them, but she missed out on a lot because of her actions.

2 hours ago, HomerS said:

Today would have been my mom's 85th birthday.....had she taken her blood pressure meds instead of just chucking them in the dresser drawer.  It's really a bad subject this year as she would have been around for the birth of her first great grandchild this past November.  Everyone in her mom's family lived well into their 90's and dad's family lived into their 90's.  She was beyond annoying when I was dating about wanting a grandchild to the point I repeatedly asked her to stop!  She eventually did get two grandsons and was good to both of them, but she missed out on a lot because of her actions.

When my mother died 3 years ago we found bags of cholesterol pills all over the house in drawers. She wasn’t  taking it and had a bad cholesterol stroke that helped caus her death..

Only thing irked me today is that it's pretty much over, and due to my own dilly-dallying and hanging out here, I only got a very small part of what I had on my list accomplished. I haven't even had lunch yet.   :blink:

Edited by Ace-Garageguy
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, HomerS said:

.....had she taken her blood pressure meds ........

I fully empathize. Without naming names, a particular someone I knew was essentially ordered by the doctor to take blood pressure-reducing pills and was advised to learn to relax. Said person did not, and late on, while on a rant about an item where the rest of us would say, "Really?? Are you kidding me?", said person then proceeded to have a fatal hemorrhagic stroke … and that was the end of that.

What irked me today is ordering polishing compound on Amazon. Only to find out the seller is in China. Or holds an order so it' to be included in a larger order from chine. Expected delivery is between 2/28 to 3/30. The location of the seller and shipping time should be given before you purchase. 

• Sad 1

18 hours ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

Only thing irked me today is that it's pretty much over, and due to my own dilly-dallying and hanging out here, I only got a very small part of what I had on my list accomplished. I haven't even had lunch yet.

I hear ya, too easy to get lost fussing over little things and before you know it the day is gone like today - mid afternoon already and most of the day spent being distracted online ;)

cheers, Graham 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eastown said:

I agree with ewetwo, Amazon should  let the purchaser know where the item is coming from before you place an order.

If from China, I will usually try to order from somewhere else.

In general, I won't buy from Amazon unless there simply isn't any other choice, and I HAVE to have whatever it is for a client job.

• Like 2

It was for a set of Tamia polishing compounds. There wasn't too many on line to buy from. And eBay is the same way but at least you can put "US Only" in your search. Should have gone on eBay I guess.

I don't watch football but from what I see from headlines and read about football I have to blame the media. They're obsessed with her and can't seem to report on a Kansas City game without saying something.

• Like 1

On 2/6/2024 at 2:54 PM, TonyK said:

I don't watch football but from what I see from headlines and read about football I have to blame the media. They're obsessed with her and can't seem to report on a Kansas City game without saying something.

Even the Grammys were obsessed with her. Showing her mug at least 20 plus times.  Turn it off when she won Album of the year.