Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Irked You Today?

LokisTyro

On the way back to the office from lunch we almost got hit head on when some moron in a Range Rover turned right against the 'do not enter' signs into the one-way street...

I had that happen to me once. Idiot went in the wrong way in a parking lot as I was moving forward on the green light. 

I ended up at fault. 

And then had to threaten my insurance company with a suit if it wasn't rescinded. Rescinded three weeks later, new insurance company the next policy renewal. 

Charlie Larkin

I had that happen to me once. Idiot went in the wrong way in a parking lot as I was moving forward on the green light. 

I ended up at fault. 

And then had to threaten my insurance company with a suit if it wasn't rescinded. Rescinded three weeks later, new insurance company the next policy renewal. 

Charlie Larkin

I have Gicko insurance and with the accident last week the were good I told them I not want car fixed want to file no claim don't want or need any on the records

i post the car Craig's List has is $800.00

still runs and drives needs 3 motor mounts 1trans mount and power steering pump needs a new Rack 

now it needs rear bumber cover 

Old "friends" who ONLY call me when they NEED something, always starting the conversation with "I wanted you to know I was thinking about you" and always segueing into "listen to me whine for hours" or "can you look at / listen to / fix my car?"

Oh yes I can relate Like how you been ? Yea Right sorry have nothing for you welcome to JUST stop By Ha ??

The loss of a family friend the boys grew up with...he spent as much time here as his own maybe more.

Sounds like the person was your Childrens Age. Death is not easy to take, but it sure is harder to take when the Timing is all wrong. Really Sorry to read about your loss.

Edited by Crazy Ed

So I saw a Craigslist ad for a '74 Midget. Answered it, and talked to the guy over two days to get a deal for $300 and a go-kart I had. I was just making preparations to get a trailer and everything, even nearly sold my stereo that I've spent the better part of three years gathering together, being incredibly happy to have a nice car nearly roadworthy...

A-hole guy just texted me and said he sold it. I'm seriously the most incensed I've ever been. Way to ruin my dream. 

So I saw a Craigslist ad for a '74 Midget. Answered it, and talked to the guy over two days to get a deal for $300 and a go-kart I had. I was just making preparations to get a trailer and everything, even nearly sold my stereo that I've spent the better part of three years gathering together, being incredibly happy to have a nice car nearly roadworthy...

A-hole guy just texted me and said he sold it. I'm seriously the most incensed I've ever been. Way to ruin my dream. 

you may be lucky that he sold it to someone else, any time I've seen an british car for less than $1,000 it's usually not really "road worthy".

you may be lucky that he sold it to someone else, any time I've seen an british car for less than $1,000 it's usually not really "road worthy".

X2. 70's British cars are notorious for electrical and carb issues. Still neat little cars though. $1,000 for a car like that. The guy may have done you a favor. It may have taken a lot more than that to make it road worthy again. B)

Don't let it get to you; those types are all over Craigslist; "Yeah, we have a deal; first one here with the cash ..."  Had the same thing happen to me.  I had called the guy, made a deal, he was giving me directions to his place and his neighbor walks up and gives him cash.  'Uh, sorry dude, I just sold it.'  He's giving me directions and making another deal on it at the same time!

Other side of the coin;  I was selling a car.  Guy wants it, he's hooking up his trailer right now and he'll be here in an hour.  No show.  Three days later he calls and wants to show up at 6 in the evening.  "Weren't you supposed to be here like three days ago?  Where are you coming from, Argentina?  Car's sold!"

The flakes are everywhere.

Oh, word of advice:  have ready access to the cash before going shopping.  Nothing irritates a seller like having to wait for someone to arrange their finances.

Edited by Deano

Oh, word of advice:  have ready access to the cash before going shopping.  Nothing irritates a seller like having to wait for someone to arrange their finances.

Yeah...and be sure you get a clear title on the spot.

Few things are more annoying in life than buying a car, trusting some bozo to "get the paperwork from my ex-wife" or whatever, only to find you're stuck with something that can't be titled and tagged...for YEARS. It happens.

Got the little beige note from the Post Office about having to come in to pick up and sign for a package..what irks me is their limited hours--8:30am-4:30pm which doesn't work for people with a normal work schedule..will have to go in on Saturday (at least they are open then and not closed like many of them are around here). 

I am sick of all the senseless violence everywhere we look.Every time we turn on the news the big lead stories are about death,destruction and mutual hate somewhere in the world.with another mass shooting in Oregon today at a small college we add another layer of concern about our children and grand children in college.