Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Irked You Today?

LokisTyro

By the way. I wish people were a bright as the automatic headlamps. I'm also amazed at how many people do not know how to use their signals either. For some reason, people who drive Ford truck around here are worst offenders. I've pointed out to a few friends. They seem to now agree with me about this. And we wonder why?

My computer had been acting weird for the past week or two. Software wasn't working right, the computer seemed to have a mind of its own. Click on a folder to open it... nothing. Drag a file to the trash... a different file got deleted... tried to highlight text so I could make a correction and it was just about impossible to highlight the desired text with the mouse... it seemed like the computer wanted to highlight the text that it wanted to highlight... my Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign software was acting totally whack! And those are the software programs I use to create MCM... so production of the mag was getting to be a real PITA.

I was about ready to pack up the computer and head to the Apple Store at Woodfield Mall and hit the "Genius Bar" to see if they could figure out what the deal was. I thought maybe the computer had a virus or something.

Then I had an idea... maybe it's not the computer at all. Maybe it's the mouse that's gone nuts. After all, all the commands I input, I input via the mouse.

So I headed to Walmart and bought a new mouse for seven bucks.

Got home. Plugged it in.

Bingo! The computer was fixed!

:rolleyes:

SEVEN bucks for a new mouse? Harry we have a chipmunk around here that I would've given you for FREE. LOL!

Waited eight weeks for my new stand-up forklift to come in. Arrived Friday morning and the darn thing doesn't fit inside our bays. Too wide by three inches. So now, Crown is building us a completely new one. It takes up to sixteen weeks to build and ship. Meanwhile, our fifteen+ year old forklifts are getting older and are getting very hard to keep going.

Dad and I are cutting the bushes out from in front of the house, and the chainsaw he bought yesterday already needs a new chain and we still have the last  half of bush #11 (the last one) left.........

Boy, you and your dad worked the heck out of that chainsaw already. I don't suppose you bought a spare chain?

Not really, but shouldn't a brand new piece of machinery be able to keep up with a 70+ y/o man and his overweight, slightly gimpy, middle aged kid?!

Ummm...probably not if it's made with that ol' crapp and vastly more profitable Chinese steel American sales companies are so enamored of these days.

A car I did substantial work on this time last year just shatt the seal in the Chinese-made water pump I installed at the time. Yes, the water pump is covered by a store warranty, but the LABOR to put another one in isn't. And it's a PT cruiser...a nightmare to work on...and the water pump is driven by the backside of the timing belt, which will also have to be replaced now..again.

I'm so dammm sick of all this offshore inferior junk that we're being peddled by US companies that are nothing more than front men for Chinese rip-off garbage.

There was a time you could put a cheap, American-rebuilt water pump in your car and forget about it for at least 5 years. 

Dad wanted a Stihl or Husquavarna (sp?), but those weren't available, so he went with something called Poulson Pro 50cc. We got it done as the sun went down.

Poulan used to be a decent chainsaw. Of course, who knows where the bits and chains are made now, and whether the steel in the chain is actually made to design spec.

You'll find that a LOT of products coming from the 'east' don't actually meet design spec in one way or another, but nobody seems to care much. Profit profit profit...fcrew the consumer. 

The Husqvarna 50cc costs twice as much. Who knows why.

I have a Husqvarna leaf blower and vacumn/shredder, and it runs like a "top." It also wears me out as I have TOO many leaves.

I have too many leaves, too.

That's why I use a landscaping company! They swoop in with their blowers and edgers and gigantic riding mowers and do in a half hour what would take me an entire Saturday to do. Well worth the cost, IMO.

I don't even own a lawn mower anymore!

I have too many leaves, too.

That's why I use a landscaping company! They swoop in with their blowers and edgers and gigantic riding mowers and do in a half hour what would take me an entire Saturday to do. Well worth the cost, IMO.

I don't even own a lawn mower anymore!

I don't live in the "high rent district" Harry, so I have to be my own landscaper as long as my back holds out. And besides I do a better job.

OMG....my father went into a nursing home earlier this year so I applied for his DD214 (discharge paperwork) to see if he qualifies for any VA benefits.  It came today.....SEVEN months after the request!!!!

Dad was deployed to Germany during the construction of the Berlin Wall but the VA doesn't consider this as 'hostile'/combat area so he doesn't qualify for the VA nursing home.  He went into the Air Force after high school (too late to qualify for benefits under Korea) and discharged seven years later (too early to qualify under Vietnam).

My Sister borrowed my 200 to the grocery store andsomebody's door hit my rear D/S door right  at the character line that runs from the headlights to the taillights, then once she got her groceries i  her car, she hopped in here car and split!:angry:

Ouch! And sorry to hear that as I would be irked too if that happened to my car.

Here's the carnage, apparently it was done by a 50 something y/o woman with her elderly mother in her fairly nice car

I'm just happy it wasn't her Challenger, with the doors and quarter panels each being a mile long then in the harder to match Plum Crazy/Purple-licious than the simple, basic black my 200 is painted.

Edited by Joe Handley