Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Irked You Today?

LokisTyro

People getting an early start on July 4th?

Really early... :wacko:

Is June 29 some sort of ethnic holiday (like Cinco de Mayo or something) that I don't know about?

Edit: OK, I looked it up. June 29 is National Camera Day. :rolleyes:

Guess that explains all the fireworks... :lol:

In my area people tend to "practice" shooting fireworks 'bout a week before the 4th so It's something I have to get used to. With the way the economy is, it has surprised me over the years how many people can afford them. I guess it's a lot like smokers affording to be able to smoke? Wouldn't it just be easier to take a match and light up a hundred dollar bill?

Here in AZ (where it is now dryer than a popcorn F---) the brain trust (AKA the statelegislature ) has legalized fire works sales. Can you say Forest Fires. :(:angry:

That's special-interest lobbying at its finest, Mike. It is now legal for fireworks distributors and retailers to sell fireworks anywhere in the state, year-round. But it is still illegal to use them virtually anywhere. :wacko:

Rain. The term sounds vaguely familiar. Something from the way distant past. What IS 'rain?' :huh:

Water that comes from the sky..though lately I'm used to seeing water outside only come out of a hose (when filling the pool) or the sprinklers :)

Better fireworks going off in the hood all night than firearms. :mellow:

Both here. Our neighbors 2 lots down. I wonder if it is legal to shoot here?

I think it's graduation partys. We were invited to the kid next door's graduation party Saturday night. He had a bunch of kids sleeping over, his dad was collecting all their keys, so I assume alcohol was present. He didn't have any fireworks. I heard them out on their deck around 3am. So they tried to party all night long!

And Pennsylvania is one of those states with fireworks stores at the borders. They say they only sell to out of staters, not to PA residents since fireworks are illegal. Funny thing, fireworks are illegal in the bordering states too, but that doesn't seem to be their issue.

And Pennsylvania is one of those states with fireworks stores at the borders.

Same here. Around the 4th, billboards pop up in the metro area advertising the big fireworks stores in Indiana. Of course, the fact that it's a FEDERAL OFFENSE to transport fireworks from Indiana across the border into Illinois is conveniently left off said billboards.

I filled a couple of medical claim forms six weeks ago and still haven't heard from them or received payment that was due to me. Well today I decided to call them and after three "go arounds" with the robot recordings I had to call the fourth time and finally got to talk to a human. That wasn't much better as he told me that my claim was denied. What do these "office" people do all day, and when were they going to tell me this, on Christmas???

So now I need to send them even more info and wait who knows how long for money that's due to me. If those clowns were workin' for me I'd pull a "Donald" (Trump) on them and FIRE them all. Yep that "irked" me today.

What I find amazing is that they are still sellihg fireworks. In a time where common sense isn't common and fireworks definitely require it for use. Just did a bag of microwave popcorn and most are purely common sense. Caution contents will be hot. Really.

As far as the federal offense postings there are people that read it and then do it anyway because they think they won't get caught.

111 here today and we haven't seen rain in, oh, months.

The brain trust here has also allowed for the sale of fireworks. Marvelous. We have been under a severe drought and firewatch all year so far.

G

Nothing like explosives to liven up a severe drought situation... :rolleyes:

And I thought Illinois pols were dumb... :rolleyes: