Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Irked You Today?

LokisTyro

So how can a state legalize marijuana? Federal law overrides state law. So... ???? :blink:

Only in the Peoples' Republic of Boulder (or, the Peoples' Republic of Washington state). At least in their minds.

But, of course, as the 60's demonstrated, anything is possible in a doper's mind.

Time will tell. :mellow:

I guess. But why the feds are letting Colorado and Washington slide on this is beyond me. Talk about the old "slippery slope"...

That goes back to social engineering and Mike Kucaba's answer. :mellow: But we can't talk about that here.

Besides, I gotta go knock out a little work so I can go to the movie premiere later today. B)

Does anyone else think it's a little odd for the weather channel to be running this? :blink:

What next? Weather reports on QVC? :lol:

Not a surprise to me , that show has a much relevance as Prospectors to the weather channel. Also take a look at some of the other neworks that are running programs out of their namesake. SyFy , Discovery and the History channel.

This is why I canceled paid programming in February.

Aren't marijuana laws considered politics?

Thats a no no here.

Laws aren't politics, they're the result of politics. Politics is the process, the debate. The end result of that political process is laws.

When we say "no politics" here, we mean to avoid getting into political/ideological arguments... for example, debating whether the Colorado marijuana laws are a good thing or a bad thing. But just mentioning the law itself isn't necessarily a "political" post.

I know, it seems like maybe I'm splitting hairs... but my "cutoff point" for what I consider discussing politics is members getting into political/idealogical debates on a subject. That sort of thing we don't want to get into here.

I have cable on the downstairs TV, but the smaller TV upstairs is antenna, hooked up to my old antenna which is in the attic. I get about 50 stations over the air, 45 of which I didn't know existed! And which I'll probably never watch! :lol:

Stupid Direct TV doesn't offer it. I miss it. We had it when we had Cox cable.

Check to see if you can get Cozi, Ray. They have similar programming. I like them, too.

Might be worth considering, worst comes to worst, to go hit a yard sale, grab a used TV set, and hook up an antenna with a converter box.

Charlie Larkin

Never heard of METV. Don't know if it's offered by Brighthouse Cable and will have to check.

They play nothing but old shows from the 50s-60s-70s-80s... stuff like Twilight Zone, Perry Mason, Dragnet, Alfred Hitchcock Presents, Mary Tyler Moore Show, Dick Van Dyke, the Honeymooners, Rockford Files, Bonanza, Batman, etc. That sort of thing.

Check it out... the list of all shows they run is listed here...

http://metvnetwork.com/