Model Cars Magazine Forum

49 Custom Mercury: Teaser pic

James2

I had to wedge section the interior tub so the frame would fit level under the body. I scribe'd both sides and the rear, pushed it up some and sanded the edges until it fit better. And I couldn't resist another mock up shot. Also I tried a couple of B pillar designs, but this one looked the best to me.

62.jpg

61.jpg

The silhouette is beautiful with the hard top. I know the skirts are very traditional Hirohata style buy the think the front cove scoop of the skirt is fighting with the gorgeous lines you have created that work well with the dog leg from the fender to the door.

Very nice profile! Like the choice of wheelcovers, will it have whitewalls?

Thanks Glenn, it will, I needed to make sure they will fit. Their slightly taller than the radials.

The silhouette is beautiful with the hard top. I know the skirts are very traditional Hirohata style buy the think the front cove scoop of the skirt is fighting with the gorgeous lines you have created that work well with the dog leg from the fender to the door.

Thank you Eric, I'm still working out the lines. But the skirt follows the front fender radius pretty closely. I still need to rework that area.

I think you're doing a great job of personalizing this body. There's been so many Mercs that have a sameness because builders are afraid to vary from a perceived "formula" for a chopped Merc. This is going to be so cool....