Model Cars Magazine Forum

Forum Troubleshooting - Picture Problems w/Internet Explorer? Look Here

Sixx

You could download and install Mozilla Firefox. Upon installing Firefox you are given the option to transfer all of your history, bookmarks, etc. to the Firefox browser. I don't use Google Chrome much unless Mozilla Firefox's updates have issues with the software that I use. I'm sure Chrome has that option.

Wasnt trying to dump on the on the old guy;)

Here is how to transfer your saved stuff from IE to Chrome

When you first download Google Chrome from http://www.google.com/chrome, your personal data -- like your browsing history and homepage -- is automatically imported from your default browser into Google Chrome. If you want to import additional settings (like bookmarks, search engines, and saved passwords) or settings from another browser, follow these steps:

• Close any other browsers that are open.
  • Close any other browsers that are open.
  • Open Google Chrome.
  • Click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar.
  • Select Bookmarks.
  • Click Import bookmark and settings.
  • In the "Import bookmarks and settings" dialog that appears, select the application that contains the settings you'd like to import.
  • Click Import.

If you need any more help, send me a PM/email, or heck, give me a call

Edited by martinfan5

Is it OK to leave IE there and just not use it? I use Firefox and keep Chrome in reserve. Only reason I still have IE was I had Freecorder running through it, but it got so glitchy it finally quit working (too bad, it was great for sound capture) so I removed the program.

Is it OK to leave IE there and just not use it? I use Firefox and keep Chrome in reserve. Only reason I still have IE was I had Freecorder running through it, but it got so glitchy it finally quit working (too bad, it was great for sound capture) so I removed the program.

Yes, it's ok to leave old software on your hard drive. It doesn't hurt anything, all it does it take up some space... if you have enough room on your hard drive, it's no problem.

It's like keeping an old shirt you never wear anymore in your closet. Yes, it takes up some space in your closet, but it's not hurting anything by being there, as long as you have enough room in your closet for all the clothes that you do still wear.

Google Chrome will take some getting used to, but you can dial in the settings the way you want it. I haven't used IE since version 6. I switch back and forth between Firefox and Chrome, depending on what I am doing. They both have their little quirks. Firefox uses Google search engine, it's just configured a little differently.

Hi folk's!

If someone could help me with this problem, since i changed my computer for a laptop with Windows 8 it seem that i can't post pictures in the Model Cars forum!!!

Everytime i try, the small window where i put my picture URL is freezing and nothing more happens..

Thank's for your help!

i've notice some clicks automatically open their links in Exploder. Hemmings Daily emails for example. if i want to see any features, the windows don't open in my current main browser (Chrome).

Q: if i uninstall IE, will those sites be forced to open in Chrome?

i'd like to throw out the shirt i never wear anymore.

i've notice some clicks automatically open their links in Exploder. Hemmings Daily emails for example. if i want to see any features, the windows don't open in my current main browser (Chrome).

Q: if i uninstall IE, will those sites be forced to open in Chrome?

i'd like to throw out the shirt i never wear anymore.

you may find it difficult to actually uninstall/get rid of Internet Exploder.

you can force the emails to open with Chrome as long as you are prepared to have the file type that Hemmings sends their Daily emails in opened in Chrome by "right clicking" the email file and choosing "open with" from the menu, you then have to choose Chrome from a list presented or go browsing for it and make sure that the "always open files of this type with this program" box is checked before you click the Okay button.

Edited by blunc

Just use photobucket and save a lot of hassle.

Quoted for truth.

I have something like 10 gig of photos on photo bucket and am nowhere near my limit of free hosting. They also have it set up so you can post the image as a thumbnail for avatars, quick links for posting in forums, or email, HTML and several other formats.

Ok, just posted my first photos- but had trouble getting under the 2MB file size. Is that why folks use the solid white backgrounds? Does only having the vehicle in the shot cut down on the file size?

Yes, you will want to crop (essentially "trim" off an excess part of the picture which isn't needed) the image, but the resolution (how many pixels per inch) and overall size (850pixels wide is ideal for forums) will affect the total file size.

As suggested, sign up for a Photobucket account at www.photobucket.com (or a similar photohosting place of your choice) and you can edit you images until you're happy with them, then post them here using the various image links in your PB account.

• Gregg unpinned this topic