Model Cars Magazine Forum

DeTomaso Pantera Gr.3

João Canas

Hello Everyone,

This is my last car build, finished a year ago.

It's the 1/24 Fujimi DeTomaso Pantera GTS kit, backdated to represent a early Gr.3 historic race car (pushbutton doors).

http://theamazoeffect.blogspot.pt/2012/01/1972-de-tomaso-pantera-gr3-prototype-on.html

It's a car I found some photos on the internet and decided to buil a model based on it. Could not however do the decals of licence plates and detailed inscriptions.

All modifications to the kit were scratchbuilt, including dishing the rear wheels, as the kit only provided 4 undished wheels typical or Pantera, Pantera L and early GTS cars.

Regarding the Fujimi kit, it is an overpriced reboxing of and early rather poor curbside model (Heller perhaps?). Apart from the wheels the kit bigger letdown are the clear parts which are overly thick. I thined them down with a dremel, and polished it to restore the transparency. It reduced the optical distortions but didn't cure the problem.

The model was painted with Zero paints and urethane clear coat.

Hope you like this one.

WIP here:

http://www.forum.modelismo-na.net/viewtopic.php?f=167&t=19726

http://forum.modelismo-na.net/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=20817

Pantera112.jpg

Pantera113.jpg

Pantera114.jpg

Pantera115.jpg

Pantera116.jpg

Pantera117.jpg

Pantera118.jpg

Pantera119.jpg

Pantera120.jpg

Pantera121.jpg

Edited by João Canas

Thank you guys!

Tommy, the engine cover is fixed. I went through the trouble of building the engine from spare parts and scratched items because the real car has the internal engine lid removed. Without this lid, the air cleaner, the engine head covers and a lot of tubing and wiring can be seen behind the bulkhead behind the seats, so i tried to replicate this, as well as the roll cage and fire-extinguisher at the passenger footwell.

Emmanuel, if the clear parts in your kit are as thick as I show on the WIP photos, then it must be the same mould...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Hi,

Just bringing this thread back.

Wow this guy can build!!!

Such an awesome display.

He loved Mustangs.

PS You can view his PB images if you have the Photobucket embed fix add on for either Firefox or Chrome.  I'm able to look at them as if it were before the Photobucket change.

Edited by aurfalien

PS You can view his PB images if you have the Photobucket embed fix add on for either Firefox or Chrome.  I'm able to look at them as if it were before the Photobucket change.

Thanks for the hint.

Love the Pantera. Very clean execution.