Model Cars Magazine Forum

Just we thought it was over! ORANGE COUNTY CHOPPERS

slusher

ORANGE COUNTY CHOPPERS AND PAUL SENIOR
ARE BACK AT IT WITH A BRAND NEW SERIES ON CMT

LOS ANGELES – May 20, 2013 – The world’s most renowned custom motorcycle manufacturer and its fearless leader return to television in ORANGE COUNTY CHOPPERS, a new eight-episode series produced by Pilgrim Studios and premiering on CMT later this year. With OCC revitalized in killer style, the show follows Paul Teutul Sr. (“Senior”) and his team as they reach new extremes resulting in mind-blowing bikes and, of course, state-of-the-art drama. Production is slated to begin this Summer.

"We’re thrilled to be back on television doing what we do best: building outrageous custom motorcycles," said Teutul, founder of Orange County Choppers. "We have a lot of very cool projects coming up and can't wait to deliver on this new partnership with CMT and Pilgrim."

Added Pilgrim Studios’ Craig Piligian, “Pilgrim’s relationship with Paul Sr. goes back more than a decade, and we’ve seen his creative and mechanical genius first-hand. We’re so glad to be working with him again and look forward to bringing OCC's unique brand of excitement and inspiration to CMT viewers.”

In each hour-long episode of ORANGE COUNTY CHOPPERS, viewers get to see a completely different side of the OCC crew. In addition to following the build process, they also watch the guys wreak havoc on the grounds, pull insane pranks and get into explosive blowouts. Some fan favorites return along with plenty of fresh faces.

Known for his mustache, tattooed biceps and sleeveless tees, Senior has been at the helm of OCC for over ten years. In the ‘70s, he was running a steel manufacturing business when he started building motorcycles as a hobby. In 1999, Senior turned his passion project into a fabrication shop he called Orange Country Choppers. Today, the company that began as a side operation has become a world-famous empire. Senior can also add author to his repertoire; in 2010 he published The Ride of a Lifetime: Doing Business the Orange County Choppers Way, a guide to business success that also chronicles his nearly 40 years of experience in the business world.

Edited by slusher

What's the name of that one guy on the show with a mustache and tattoos ? I keep forgetting ... Such a unique look and style ;)

O you mean the one that used his sons creative talent to build his empire then tell him he's fired when they get into it if it wasnt for jrs he would be where he is today the spiderman he did for wyclef and the black widow bike is what started it all

I saw a couple episodes of the new one ( all there was so far ) . Pretty much what you would expect if you watched the first series. One new guy on the crew who that prank over and over. Same high school antics over and over. I wish they would build some "normal" bikes people would like to own and ride instead of always the stupid theme bikes. Stick a company name here, stick a company name there. Just one guys opinion.

we had those shows over here too..on Discovery...first couple of seasons were digestable

after that it all kinda got the same..with the continious fights between Sr and Jr..

did like the chair throwing and office 'redecoration' at times..(axe through the door..chasing eachother with BB guns etc)

but in the end i never really saw what made their bikes so special...most of the time frames wheels and blocks were just from their shelves or suplieers...bar the socalled 'theme' that they did to it...

most of the time i felt that their painter should have gotten most of the credit...

While I do enjoy the results of the building process, I just can't stand the IDIOTIC PRANKING that go's on, on these types of shows....

I believe i'll .......PASS.......

Yeah, the fake scripted drama and goofballs make most of these auto or bike build shows unwatchable, IMO. I tried watching 'Graveyard Carz' --loved the Mopars, but the fake idiots and drama made it pretty awful. About the only ones of these types of shows that I like is 'What's in the Barn?' (vintage motorcycles), 'Wheeler Dealers'-- no nonsense, and 'Chasing Classic Cars', but that's not really in the same genre.

Edited by Rob Hall

All of these more-or-less "reality" shows involve way too much drama, whether the shows revolve around cars, motorcycles, houses, backyards, fashion or whatever. I must say, however, that I have seen some of the OCC bikes live, up close and in person and (in my opinion) they are works of art. Not practical rides, but art.

I third Monster Garage, there was the occasional drama but Jesse seemed to break it up quickly since he wanted the show to be about the building and to complete the challenge.

Wheeler Dealers is another of my faves simply because theres no drama, plenty of cool cars from around the world, and they actually show most of the work being completed.

Edited by Jordan White