Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 1970 Plymouth 'Cuda - Lime Light - Finished Pics

RandyB.

Randy did you have any problems with the rear panel fitting with the exhaust cut outs? Did you need to do any sanding down to fit with the rear leaf springs?

Thanks guys!

David...I had to trim a little flash off in the rear panel where the exhaust tips exit the panel. The chrome tips were a little reluctant to slide through, Didn't have to do anything with the rear leaf springs though.

Edited by RandyB.

Well this 'Cuda is about 99.9% finished. Just waiting for the rocker panel trim to dry and for some nice weather so I can take the final pics outside and post them here. Tire decals won't be here for another three weeks so I will have to post those pics at that time. Thought I would give the viewers a sneak preview now and save the best for later!

Pictures1349b_zps493808a5.jpg

Pictures1345b_zps342da137.jpg

Pictures1344b_zps1d54087b.jpg

Thanks guys!

Well this project is officially declared finished! Got some outdoor pics taken in between flurries. This was an excellent kit from start to finish.........Revell got this one right. I am very pleased with the outcome and thank Revell for producing this very desirable subject. Now I shall take a small rest and then perhaps start my other 1970 'Cuda soon. Thanks for following my topic and please check out the finished pics. Cheers and Happy Building! :)

Revell1970PlymouthBarracuda1_zps9a1c218a

Revell1970PlymouthBarracuda2_zps4336af0bRevell1970PlymouthBarracuda3_zpsf4494e52

Edited by RandyB.

Very, very nice job Randy! Can't wait to start on 1 of the 6 I have!

While it may seem the front end may look a little stubby I don't think it's a huge deal & it's nowhere near as bad as Revell 2 previous efforts with this particular car. I think we can all live with this kit much easier because as a whole, it's a very nice kit & a much better effort this time round for Revell.

Cheers Cliff

Very, very nice job Randy! Can't wait to start on 1 of the 6 I have!

While it may seem the front end may look a little stubby I don't think it's a huge deal & it's nowhere near as bad as Revell 2 previous efforts with this particular car. I think we can all live with this kit much easier because as a whole, it's a very nice kit & a much better effort this time round for Revell.

Cheers Cliff

I agree 100% Cliff.

Nice work Randy! I can't help but notice that the Revell kit has a noticably stubby look to the front end just in front of the front tires. This is the first time I've noticed it. But, it really stands out in my eyes especially when you compare it to the photos of the real car.

http://cdn.speednik.com/files/2013/01/my_classic_garage_cuda_6.jpg

Thanks guys for all of the great comments on this topic and all the individual input which helped me build this kit. Tim (funman), thanks for all the information you provided regarding the elastomeric bumpers...it was really appreciated!

Roger....I have looked at this model from several angles and compared it to the 1:1 vehicle pics that I have and I cannot really see the difference you mentioned....if there is a difference it's negligible. The front end might of looked stubbier because of the angle, lighting and the way the camera saw that particular picture you commented on. I still think Revell did a excellent job on replicating this one. Now if we could get a decent '70 Dodge Challenger from them that would be great!

Different lighting makes a difference I think.

Pictures1393_zpsca173230.jpg

1970PlymouthHemiCudaPurple_zpsfd651774.j

Edited by RandyB.

In "real life" and from a straight side view the 1:1 'cuda has seemed a bit "stubby" to me- probably not as far off from the original as it seems- most pics shot for magazines and old ads are at very different angles than you'd typically view a model or a person would see a full sized car. The designers of the original vehicle were limited to a fairly awkward package by having to use most of the structure and mechanicals of the 71-74 B body and there is a lot of "trickery" to make them appear a little longer visually than they are. Doesn't always translate directly when scaled down and the most accurate model car body isn't necessarily the one that looks the most "right"