Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 1970 Plymouth 'Cuda - Lime Light - Finished Pics

RandyB.

Randy and anyone who is building this kit. I am working on the suspension and I have two kits. I don't seem to have the pins to attach the brakes with either kit. Am I missing something? I looked at both kits and have the retainers but no pins? Thanks

Randy and anyone who is building this kit. I am working on the suspension and I have two kits. I don't seem to have the pins to attach the brakes with either kit. Am I missing something? I looked at both kits and have the retainers but no pins? Thanks

Hmmm...I checked one of my 3, and don't see the pins either...maybe they are plastic and on one of the trees and I'm overlooking them.

Thought I would show the front and back of the car with both bumpers (chrome and elastomeric) I will be going with the elastomeric on this kit since they were available on both the front and back together effective January 5 1970. I'm thinking of doing another one of these kits down the road in Tor-Red (Plymouth) code V2 Hemi Orange (Dodge) and I will most likely do that kit with the chrome bumpers front and back. Have a look and see which one you think looks better....or should I say aggressive!

Chrome Bumper

Pictures1370_zps69c43cee.jpg

Elastomeric Bumper

Pictures1371_zps3c2972cd.jpg

Chrome Bumper

Pictures1373_zpsfec2d341.jpg

Elastomeric Bumper

Pictures1374_zps210c0b11.jpg

Hmmm...I checked one of my 3, and don't see the pins either...maybe they are plastic and on one of the trees and I'm overlooking them.

I believe the axle pins are in the same piece of clear plastic as the clear window parts, in a separate "compartment" if you will. TIM

I believe the axle pins are in the same piece of clear plastic as the clear window parts, in a separate "compartment" if you will. TIM

I checked my kit and I do not have any pins either. I'm assuming they are suppose to be metal pins since there is no part number listed on the instruction sheet.

Interesting I wouldn't have thought that. Oh well that works!

I will check tonight when I get home. Thanks again Tim

So far so good.

just an fyi, the elastomaric bumpers do not have bumper bolts visible like the kit depicts . so if it matters , sand them off and repaint the bumper,,,again not bashing just an observation

Thanks for that heads-up Bill. I didn't even clue into that! I have sanded off the bolts and it has been re-painted already.

Pictures1378_zpsd908e1d9.jpg

Edited by RandyB.

I detailed the chrome tail light bezels. They have to be painted black around the perimeter and across through the lenses. Lenses have to be painted red since there is no transparent red lens to glue in. Very tedious but worth it to give it the realism. I used a toothpick to wipe off any excess black and red paint off of the chrome bezels. Since the elastomeric bumpers do not have bumper bolts I sanded them off and repainted the bumper and re-applied the BMF to the bumper guards. Check it out and see what you think.

Pictures1380_zpsbd9828c8.jpg

Pictures1381_zpsa93fba55.jpg

Edited by RandyB.